ADA MP-1 (Repair??)

swass

Power User
I got an ADA MP-1 Classic, (newer reissue version) and was wondering if anyone knows anyone who can repair them. Guys around here want the schematics,(not that I blame them) but they are hard to be had. Just thought maybe someone knows someone that knows these things like the back of their hand internally and can repair it.

Basic problem is that there is loss of signal and when you hit with real vigor then you get a distorted signal going through. Checked tubes and all obvious possibilities. Does it on the clean and overdrive channels all the same. Thanks guys.

Therre used to be a ADA site called adadepot.com though it's now gone I believe, though you could search for it on some old site archives, like this...

adadepot.com

Good luck!

P.S...Used to use the original one, great preamp.

I got an ADA MP-1 Classic, (newer reissue version) and was wondering if anyone knows anyone who can repair them. Guys around here want the schematics,(not that I blame them) but they are hard to be had. Just thought maybe someone knows someone that knows these things like the back of their hand internally and can repair it.

Basic problem is that there is loss of signal and when you hit with real vigor then you get a distorted signal going through. Checked tubes and all obvious possibilities. Does it on the clean and overdrive channels all the same. Thanks guys.

By "checked tubes" do you mean you replaced them with new or known working ones? This sounds like it could be either a bad tube or a bad solder joint, but there are other issues that cause those symptoms.

By "checked tubes" do you mean you replaced them with new or known working ones? This sounds like it could be either a bad tube or a bad solder joint, but there are other issues that cause those symptoms.

I replaced them with known good tubes. I haven't gone through it yet in hopes of a cold/cracked joint. Not looking forward to that chore. I know that there is a common problem with the symptoms described in the OP. I had changed out those two parts with no change. I had also did a quick tap through on main parts to maybe find something more easily. So next I'll be going through it and re-soldering everything in sections so I may narrow the culprit joint(s).

Back
Top Bottom