Active studio monitors for AX8?

I just went with these. I was comparing them to the HS7 and Tannoy 502. These won me over after several comparisons. I really like the wide sweet spot and was impressed beyond words at the sound quality.

image.jpeg

Last edited:
Well I use Mackie HR624mkII'a 6.7" LF. But I have friends that have both and the adams are love em or hate em in my small crowd of friends. TI would go with the Yamahas. You know I got B-stock, which is just a refurb or demo model saved 50% per speaker. You might want to check that out. I have had my B-stock Mackies for 8 years so far :)

Been using the Adam A7X since 2012, first with the Axefx2, and now the Ax8.

Can't go wrong with them, play all day without ear fatigue.

I have Adam A7s (now, used to have KRK RP6 G2) - I got a really good deal on a used pair. I think Adams sound great, and the 7s are loud. I have used monitors for mixing for a long time, but after using them to set to play with my Ax8, I find myself turning the monitors up quite loud. The A7s have plenty of headroom, but I often came close to maxing out the RP6's.

I have never played the Yamahas.

My recommendation would go towards the Adams, but before you buy, make sure they are loud enough without getting shrill or thin. You have to be able to completely drown the acoustic sound of the guitar and strings.

Back
Top Bottom