• RCF ART

Votes: 9 8.6%
  • JBL PRX

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Mackie HD

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Turbosound TFM or NUQ

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other Coaxial (please reply with details)

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Other

Votes: 22 21.0%

• Total voters

youngmic

Inspired
Which active FRFR solution do you use?

Feel free to reply with details if you selected "other", or if you want to elaborate.

any suggestions on which one is best for metal? I play 8-string guitars so a lot of low-end would be best.

I would look at something that has a good low end response, There were a few that had tried the Mackie 1531HD and liked it though I would be carful as there were some issues with that speaker shutting down in warm weather.

Since 8 months I own a coaxial Tannoy Power V12 and I'm extremely happy with it.

As a amateur gitarrist for 30+ years in local bands and a former hifi freak I appreciate good sounding stuff.

For me the Tannoy is very neutral and very dynamic.

I have long time experience with RCF 310a and Verve 12ma and short time experience with Atomic and JBL PRX.

They all have pros & cons, but for me the Tannoy is superior to all of them in every aspect.

This said the competition isn't very fair, because the Tannoy costs about 1800 € in Germany.

Like in the thread with "Jay's neutral monitor" I have the feeling that my guitars and the Axe-Fx
sound a lot better since I have the Tannoy.

Just my modest opinion.

I voted too fast for other and then I saw the other coaxial button. Sorry, so -1 on other and +1 on other coaxial.

Using 2 Tech 21 Power Engine 60s but with Beyma 12GA50 speakers for flatter response - sounds great with both electric guitar and piezo acoustic sounds.

Using 2 QSC K12's. Sound fine to me. Obviously not 'the ultimate' but easily good enough for me.

Also run a Velocity 300 and a Fryette 2/502 (not at the same time). They also sound very good. I don't do heavy metal so I don't need to 'bludgeon' the audience.

Of course, my 58 year old ears that HAVE been bludgeoned by over 40 years of WAY too loud rawk-n-roll is probably not a good judge of 'perfect tone'.

I use a pair of Electro-Voice SxA-100 powered monitors. I'm happy with their sound for acoustic, electric and sound reinforcement (they work well with everything from classical to heavy rock), though I have little experience with other options.

Hi. Voted for others. I have a rcf nx m12a and I'm very happy with the sound. After 1 year frfr I just discovered the good sound of a real cab again :) So at the moment I'm rather using the guitar cab. That can probably change in the future again.

Cheers
PhillAnselmo

Bump in a shameless attempt to get more people to vote...

I'm curious... what on earth is a "Verve m"???

I'd vote if my monitors were on the list. They are FBT Verve 12mA. Perhaps that's kinda what is meant by "Verve m"??? TO make it generic, maybe, and include the 8mA model as well?

Yeah, sorry. It's an attempt at making it generic. The 12m is passive. The 12ma is active. And yes, I wanted to include all the verve "m's" - the 8, 12, and/or 15. However, I believe the 8 is only available in an active config.

Mike

Still, given that this thread is about active FRFR, "Verve m" is a generic term for all versions of passive Verve monitors, no?

Back
Top Bottom