1. Recent events require us to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.
    Dismiss Notice

Activation Code, How Long?

Discussion in 'Cab-Lab Products' started by JazzMac251, Jan 31, 2017.

1. JazzMac251

JazzMac251
    Expand Collapse
    Inspired

First, I resent having to pay full price for software I had already purchased. Why is there no upgrade price? But, that seems to be what people are doing these days, so fine. Charging again for the plugin version is pretty bold on top of that.

But anyway, fine, I paid. Now, where is the activation email? I'm sitting here with iLok demanding a code, but there is no code and no indication from the purchase process that I would need one (perhaps I missed it?). I had to troll this forum to see that, indeed, there is an activation email, and, indeed, sometimes it comes very slowly.

What the hell, Fractal? I'm buying this software because I need it to do work...NOW. Not in 5 hours. Not tomorrow. Right now.

I've purchased a lot of software - plugins, standalones, DAWS, digital signal routing software, specialized drivers, MIDI, networking, you name it - and I've never had the displeasure of having to sit idly, refreshing my inbox and spam folder, waiting for the company to "get around to" sending me my activation code. EVER. FOR ANYTHING. It's simply unacceptable.

How long does this normally take?

2. pauly

pauly
    Expand Collapse
    Forum Addict

Gday JazzMac
    Check your spam folders - it may be there.
    Thanks
    Pauly

JazzMac251 likes this.
  3. JazzMac251

JazzMac251
    Expand Collapse
    Inspired

Thanks for the reply. Been a couple hours. Nothing in my spam folder, nothing in my inbox.

4. JoeHans

JoeHans
    Expand Collapse
    Inspired

I totally agree. I just bought the FAS Reverb and planned to work with it tonight. No activation code for me it seems. Also the online shop had some insane problems handling the payment. I almost gave up trying after checking my payment details for five times. Once more and the order went through. Now I have six orders on my account. :D Only one payment thank god.

5. Hubertus

Hubertus
    Expand Collapse
    Forum Addict

From the order page: ''Codes are emailed from Fractal Audio Systems within one business day of your order.'' Sunday is not a business day.

SinMix likes this.
  6. SinMix

SinMix
    Expand Collapse
    Motivated

2h here...

7. steadystate

steadystate
    Expand Collapse
    Fractal Fanatic

Welcome to the wonderland that is iLok. Your journey has only just begun. Frustrated now? Wait until your authorized iLok no longer recognizes your computer as legitimate and you have to send a request for yet another code. Of course, it will happen when you need Cab-Lab the most, and will most certainly be after business hours or on the weekend. Learn the procedure well. Become one with it; for you will almost certainly be repeatedly denied authorization at every slightest change to your system.

I gave up and wrote off my purchase. Best decision I made in years. I've been SO much happier. Cab-Lab is fantastic. But, unless you want to pay for the hardware dongle, iLok will eat away at your soul until you are an empty shell. My guess is that you, like me, are generally an easy-going and optimistic gent with a zest for life. Look at what iLok has already done to you in the short time you've been subjected to it. It is a dark malignancy that transforms an individual's creativity into a festering boil of impatience and anger. Don't let it pull you towards the darkness. Be vigilant, and prepare to sever its cold tentacles the moment you feel them dragging you to hell.

pauly likes this.
  8. pauly

pauly
    Expand Collapse
    Forum Addict

Ilok is a mistake.
    Thanks
    Pauly