Acoustic Tone Match Recommendations?

Hooligan

Inspired
Hello all, I am using the Piezo pickups on my Ibanez Prestige into FRFR. Would y'all be so kind as to recommend your favorite tone matched acoustic guitar patches from AxeChange? If you have info about the particular guitar that is being matched, that would be helpful as well.

Thanks in advance :)

I just tone matched the black crowes she talks to angles track, per Scott P's recommendations.
It sounds pretty good when I used my ghost system piezo. I haven't tried it live yet.
Give it a shot

Hello all, I am using the Piezo pickups on my Ibanez Prestige into FRFR. Would y'all be so kind as to recommend your favorite tone matched acoustic guitar patches from AxeChange? If you have info about the particular guitar that is being matched, that would be helpful as well.

Thanks in advance :)

You could try to match a test of acoustic guitars on youtube like I did.
Gave me on my electric guitar very satisfying results, so I guess it must be much better tonematched on a piezo pickup

here's the link: http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-ii-tone-match/72667-tone-matching-acoustic-guitar.html

I've dabbled on and off in this for while. I needed a good acoustic sound for various songs on my cover bands set list. I use a Gibson LP Alex Lifeson with piezo bridge. At one point I was using the Tyler Variax for acoustics, but prefer the LP overall for 99% of the time. I've not had a lot of success tone matching acoustics, but I've developed a couple patches that seem to do a good job of capturing various acoustic guitars, various mics and micing positions as well as a simulated 12-strings using acoustic IR's.

Here's a clip of 11 sounds. All of these were recorded using the LPs Piezo output to the Axe Fx into ProTools. No eq or fx except for a dab of limiter on the master. These sounds are from 2 patches set up with several scenes in each. These are NOT tone matches but combinations of acoustic IR's that have floated around here for a while. However, in a couple scenes, I blended with a Tone Match. I use these live regularly and they work great for me. Get a lot of compliments on the acoustic sounds. The last 4 are emulated 12-string sounds using the Pitch and Chorus blocks.

It's really quite amazing what this box can do!

Hello muudrock,
would you be so kind to share these Presets ?
They sound Amazing! I use a Parker Fly Deluxe with Fisherman Piezo... and was looking a long time for this!
many thxx

Back
Top Bottom