"Acoustic" tone from electric

Wildwind

Experienced
Search came up empty, AxeChange wasn't relevant.

Strat player (several from which to choose) looking for advice on how to get an acoustic-like tone. Obviously it's a pipe dream, but I'm looking for a clean tone and perhaps a way to mimic the faster decay of an acoustic. I know position 2 can give an acoustic-electric approximation in the mix, need ideas on how to get further in that direction. Playing actual acoustic is not an option, nor do I have an electric with piezo that will get the job done.

Any advice for me?

Thanks - Greg

Compression and parametric eq would be a good place to start. We should all attempt this and compare presets.

I tried those presets. They seem best suited for piezo-equipped guitars.

Where would that guitar body IR be?

This one is pretty good. Try it with both eqs on and alternate turning one off. You might like em. i like it best so far with my middle single coil

Attachments

• Acoustic.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 76
I did download Fremen's patches and they unzipped okay, but won't read for me. For an older unit maybe?

Acoustic.syx sounds pretty dang good, though! But if anyone can raise the bar, I'd appreciate it.

• Use single-coils or coil tapped humbuckers (parallel wiring might work too) - I personally prefer the middle position (one coil of the neck humbucker in parallel with one coil of the bridge humbucker). Full humbuckers never did it for me, not even with lots of EQing.
  • Use an acoustic IR, as mentioned above.
  • Boosting the highs with an EQ is very useful.
  • An MBC to compress the low end is helpful.
  • The faster decay might be simulated with a CPR or also an MBC.

Goto this link: http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-ii-preset-excha tnge/39514-%5Baxefx2%5D-collection-thread.html
Use those and load up a compression block and one of those IR's and you should get pretty close. It took me awhile because I didn't know you shouldn't use the amp block, being the dumb a$$ that I am. So yeah make sure you don't use an amp block. Also Fremen has a really nice Acoustic patch in his A/B/C Bank Collection for firmware 9. The link for Fremen's is here: Fremen's guitar blog
Then tweak until you get something that works good for you. IMHO with all these tools I listed you can get pretty spot on! Enjoy!

Same problem as with Fremen's - file won't load. That thread talks about 10.6K files, larger than the ones that work. I have two of them (both acoustic patches) that won't load. I now see they are in fact for the Axe II v. 9.02, which I'm running. Can anyone enlighten me or send me a repaired file?

Same problem as with Fremen's - file won't load. That thread talks about 10.6K files, larger than the ones that work. I have two of them (both acoustic patches) that won't load. I now see they are in fact for the Axe II v. 9.02, which I'm running. Can anyone enlighten me or send me a repaired file?
Yeah, I will send them to you. What is your email address?

This one is pretty good. Try it with both eqs on and alternate turning one off. You might like em. i like it best so far with my middle single coil

Forgot to mention. I did not make this preset. I got it from someone who got it from some so I can not give proper credit.

I have an awesome one that a couple different people have been working on. No need for a piezo, no need for an IR. PM me your email.

There seems to be an issue with PM-ing you! :)

The following errors occurred with your submission
  • ccroyalsenders has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.

Back
Top Bottom