Closed Acoustic Simulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

aalrh

Inspired
An acoustic simulation as found in the Kemper. The KPA has an EQ block with the default setting "Acoutic Sim". The result is amazing. No IR and adjusting several parameters until you have a reasonable sound. Switch on Acoutic-Sim and your LP or Strat sounds like an acoustic guitar.

Such an EQ or similar effect ("Amp") would make tweaking incredibly easy.

+1

I actually get great results from the SY but it would be nice to use some baked in sounds instead. I imported some IRs from Glenn Delaune last night to try and do something but they must not have been compatible with the FM. I could have sworn I bought an acoustic preset from Moke years ago for the AX8 but d@mn if I could find the thing.

@Moke am I imagining you offered an AX8 acoustic preset (or pack)? If I recall; it did the trick quite nicely.

@Moke am I imagining you offered an AX8 acoustic preset (or pack)? If I recall; it did the trick quite nicely.
https://www.custompresets.com/store/p34/Moke's_'Acoustic_Simulator'_V3.2_-_For_Humbucker_Pickups_(AX8).html
https://www.custompresets.com/store/p124/Moke's_'Acoustic_Simulator!!'_V3.2_-_For_Single-Coil_Pickups_(AX8).html

And some other variations with dual path electric, B3 Organ sim, Shimmer, etc.... Humbucker and Single versions

@fremen has quite the huge pack too!

Reactions: MPZ
Any chance you will be making them for the FM3? Wonder how fractool would do with these to FM3
That will depend on which version that you are trying to convert from? I haven't had great success just simply converting them, so far?

For the one's that I have found time to start experimenting on, I have been sometimes needing to use a routing that is closer to the AX8 versions because of unavailable blocks, block instances, and/or CPU limitations. but using the Axe-Fx III block settings. A fairly painstaking process.o_O

Add to that the blistering pace of the updates, and occasional bugs....

I have the FM3 and want badly to get them ported, but my day job is making it impossible.

I personally use the 3 Sigma Audio acoustic IR packs in conjunction with some judicious parametric EQ and compression... money very well spent in my opinion. I'm sure there are other companies making similar products that you could give a shot as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom