Acoustic Simulation

NeoSound

Fractal Fanatic
First attempt at an acoustic simulation on the AX8. The tone match cab is not mine and was downloaded from axe-change (I'm exporting this as a preset/cab bundle). Seems to work best with the neck pick-up. Let me know what you think?

and the preset:

Attachments

• Acoustic.syx
    34 KB · Views: 476
Sounds good! Can't wait to try. What kind of guitar? I find single coils sound great with acoustic sims

I tried it out on my Suhr Classic Pro. For some reason I didn't seem to be getting much sound in one speaker. I replaced the stereo Cab with the ultra res cab (of the same IR) and fiddled around with the enhancer and made a minor eq adjustment (lower the 3rd band from 1.2 to 0). And it's rockin! Thanks for the preset.
-
Austin

I like that acoustic patch a lot, especially the finger picked part. I found the strumming in the beginning to be a little bit boomy (I have no Ax8 yet, so I am just listening to your recording). Maybe, you could reduce som low mids to clean up the boomyness.

Over the Holidays, I fiddled with recording a Danish childrens song on my Martin OM42 - Feel free to tone match :) Actually, I would love it, if you did :p

No reverb added Large reverb:

I like that acoustic patch a lot, especially the finger picked part. I found the strumming in the beginning to be a little bit boomy (I have no Ax8 yet, so I am just listening to your recording). Maybe, you could reduce som low mids to clean up the boomyness.

Over the Holidays, I fiddled with recording a Danish childrens song on my Martin OM42 - Feel free to tone match :) Actually, I would love it, if you did :p

No reverb added Large reverb:

Thats sounds AMAZING .if some can get a tone match of that and get it to work on electric would be awesome

Thank you very much, I am glad you like it.

The sound is recorded in stereo (I really like acoustic guitar sound in stereo), so I think separate tone matches for the left and right channels would be a good way to go, and then drop both matches into a stereo cab block.

I have imported this preset but the cab is located on a scratch pad. Every time I save and turn off the AX8 it disappears (hence the scratch pad). How do I relocate this Cab IR to something that will save? (i.e. user cabinets) I tried using the CAB tool in AX8 but it's not intuitive.

Thanks,

Dave

I have imported this preset but the cab is located on a scratch pad. Every time I save and turn off the AX8 it disappears (hence the scratch pad). How do I relocate this Cab IR to something that will save? (i.e. user cabinets) I tried using the CAB tool in AX8 but it's not intuitive.

Thanks,

Dave

When you click save (preset) in AX8 edit it should ask you for a save location, then choose the user slot you want it in

Awesome! Got this working over the weekend for a gig. I added a rotovibe and some more lush chorus to really give a nice ballad sound. I played it for a couple of slow dancers and definitely sounded great.

One last question... When you tried this patch did you get a feeling of slight latency? That's the only thing I felt when I played it. Luckily, it was for slow arpeggiated songs so it didn't matter, but it felt similar to one of my pitch shifted presets that have a slight feeling of latency on them. What could cause that here?

When you tried this patch did you get a feeling of slight latency?

I didn't notice latency, and this is such a simple preset it shouldn't have any. It's a little bass heavy (which I like) maybe that's affecting the sound?

I didn't notice latency, and this is such a simple preset it shouldn't have any. It's a little bass heavy (which I like) maybe that's affecting the sound?

I noticed the bass heaviness, but I used the single coil on my guitar so it sounds just right. I agree the patch isn't overly complicated. Maybe I can mess around with one of the pick attack parameters and dial it in then.

Anyway, thanks for sharing this patch it's my go to acoustic

v2 :) got much of the weird phasing fixed - removed some boomy low end and other frequency spikes - added a nice pitch detune - latency thing mentioned was a high pre-delay setting in reverb? and not sure how it got there. I think this one sounds much better- use neck pick up

Attachments

• Acoustic v2.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 240
Sounds good - much better than before. The boominess seems to be gone.

You say neck pickup, but which type? Single coil, p90, humbucker?

I wonder why a long pre delay setting in the reverb would cause latency. I would understand it, if it was the pre-comp parameter in a studio compressor.

v2 :) got much of the weird phasing fixed - removed some boomy low end and other frequency spikes - added a nice pitch detune - latency thing mentioned was a high pre-delay setting in reverb? and not sure how it got there. I think this one sounds much better- use neck pick up

Thanks for doing this, I knew something felt a little late in the picking, still was a great preset, can't wait to try this one now too! Thanks again

I wonder why a long pre delay setting in the reverb would cause latency

It wasn't latency, the patch had too much bass and with a 30ms pre-delay on the reverb, the reverb kicked in it added to the over active bass frequencies & also caused some of the phasing issues

Back
Top Bottom