Acoustic Simulation using Multi-Band-Compressor and IRs (IRs, blocks and video included)

Hi
ok later I'll share it
however, I used custom IR and those cannot be shared
If it's really custom, meaning you made it, sure you can share it.

If it's a commercial product then of course you're right, you can't give that away. But you can point people to which one it is so they can get it for themselves.

Sounds great, except for some boominess in the low end that I'm sure could be dialed out.

Nice! Can’t wait to try this out. Had just begun tinkering with an acustic-sim scene this morning

Is it normal that there is a slight delay when I play compared to what I hear?
I downloaded the Acoustic Sim.syx preset and put the IRs in. Same result using Acoustic Sim Smittefar.syx. I am monitoring through my headset.
Thanks.

Is it normal that there is a slight delay when I play compared to what I hear?
I downloaded the Acoustic Sim.syx preset and put the IRs in. Same result using Acoustic Sim Smittefar.syx. I am monitoring through my headset.
Thanks.

I had to convert the WAVs with CabLab lite. When I dragged the WAVs directly into the "Manage Cabs" browser in Axe Edit only the SuhrBridge ones were working. The others gave me a big delay/lag when playing and the plot was just a flat line when viewed in the cab block align page. But when converted with CabLab lite all of them sounded really good.

I had to convert the WAVs with CabLab lite. When I dragged the WAVs directly into the "Manage Cabs" browser in Axe Edit only the SuhrBridge ones were working. The others gave me a big delay/lag when playing and the plot was just a flat line when viewed in the cab block align page. But when converted with CabLab lite all of them sounded really good.
Thank you. I will give this a try.

EDIT: Works great now...no latency at all. But just out of curiosity what is the diff between min phase and auto trim when converting wave to Sysex and which should one choose?

Last edited:
Guys - how do I import the Smittefar Acoustic Sim MBC block that is inside the Dropbox Zip folder?

Last edited:
The IRs are not aligned. I couldn't notice that when I loaded them into two separate IR blocks, but it can be seen when using the CAB block instead.

It sounds better when they are aligned. Here is what the CAB Block looks like. One IR is shifted 265.0 mm

AcuSim CAB.png

I attach a new preset using CAB instead of IR blocks. I have activated the Preamp of the The CAB block, that provides an extra touch.

The preset is created with FW 12.08beta. There may be no backwards compatibility.

And here is a short test using the new preset

Attachments

• Acoustic Sim 2.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 85
Interesting, I will have to look into that. I think, I always have auto trim on, when I import IRs, so that may be the reason, I didn't notice that

I just discovered that I had set the match EQ to linear phase for the PRS and Rahbek IR exports. That doesn't work right. I will export them with the correct settings tomorrow.

I know this is something that has been discussed before, but I still feel like some people miss out on how easy it is to make a passable acoustic simulation in the Axe III.

@2112 recently made a video about the compressors in FW12.07, and I mentioned how I think, the multiband compressor is the icing on the cake for acoustic simulations. He was interested, so I decided to do a short video. In this video, the focus is on the multiband compressor block.

Here are the IRs and the MBC block file - The B-channel is set exactly the same except for hard knee and tweaked threshold to get the same gain reduction.

EDIT: There was an error in the PRS and Rahbek IRs - I updated the dropbox file, so it now includes correct files
https://www.dropbox.com/s/k1xgyu6hsecqykl/IRs + MBC block.zip?dl=0

I actually made IRs that translates the sound from each of these electrics into the Martin - Try them out and see what works with your guitars. I do feel like acoustic IRs is a quite personal thing, and it works best to make your own.
View attachment 65962

Cool, I like what you did with the multi-band compression. I’ll have to give that a try. I’m curious — when creating the tonematch, was the acoustic signal coming from a pickup in your acoustic, or did you use a microphone?

Back
Top Bottom