Acoustic preset on AxeFx standard

rrhoads17 said:
Does anyone know how to create an acoustic sound on the standard axefx?

I use piezo saddles to the rear input, into the tube preamp sim, into a pair of the mama bear impulses (available in the IR forum).

I usually add reverb or a light chorus depending on the song. It sounds a lot more realistic than any of the clips I've heard using magnetic pups.

Piezo saddle pup into Axe-F front input.

AMP -> PEQ -> CPR -> [REV]

AMP - Tube Pre setting. Dialed to taste
PEQ - Any additional tone tweaking leftover from Tube Pre block to combat piezo quack. Notching if required
CPR - Studio compressor mode, 2:1 ratio soft-knee
REV - Small room, early reflections, disabled by default

randocaster said:
I use piezo saddles to the rear input, into the tube preamp sim, into a pair of the mama bear impulses (available in the IR forum).

why do you use the rear input? and also why do you use the tube preamp? i play my acoustic 12 string into the axe and i have gotten a pretty good sound using a graphic and a very lightly mixed IR.

i also use no compression for fear of killing my dynamics. i think compression is overrated and over used. (perhaps i'm wrong but thats how i am for now).

also i've managed to get a really nice over drive tone using the some intense highcut/lowcut PEQ going into a TS808 and then into a JCM800 model. sounds great for an acoustic.

I suspect the OP is asking how to make an electirc sound like an acoustic.
My regular gigging partner has a parker fly and weaves magic using the bridge piezos.
As for mags... not many ideas here.
Richard

If the OP is asking how to make an electric sound like an acoustic:

I use an modified version of a preset by Fremen (I think). Attached.
Use single coils!

There's a NullFilter in the preset to increase the signal level if necessary (there's no amp in it).

Add some signal of an acoustic IR for a little more authenticity. I use a Mama Bear 7.7 IR in slot 10. Also attached.

I use the attached preset with my acoustic guitar.

There are NullFilters in the preset to increase the signal level (there's no amp in it and the input signal is from a passive LR Baggs pickup).

Add some signal of an acoustic IR for a little more authenticity. I use a Mama Bear 7.7 IR in slot 10. Attached to the post above.

The Pitch block can add some detuning if desired for a fuller tone.

I usually add reverb or a light chorus depending on the song. It sounds a lot more realistic than any of the clips I've heard using magnetic pups.

which mamabear did you use? I'm trying the same thing

Here's a couple of different efforts at getting an acoustic sound from an electric.

Done with a Strat on an Ultra, but should be easily usable with a Standard ( bypass the MBC if it's there )

http://www.sonic.net/~claudel/Semi-Acoustic.zip

5 patches + Semi-Acoustic.pdf in archive.

New board isn't configured to allow attaching zip files as of yet...

Comments appreciated... :ugeek

Hi all,

Is that acoustic IR still live?

I've tried downloading it, but it won't load in the preset manager and AlbertA's Utility, can anyone help with uploading a new fresh IR? I'd really love to get this to work.

Thanks!
Eugene

Hi Yek,

Thanks for this! Realy much apreciated!
Could you also post the presets again? The ones from earlier in the thread seem to be corrupted.

Thank you lots! Truly appreciate this!

Eugene

Back
Top Bottom