Acoustic Patch

Woland

Inspired
Hello,
Here's a short clip direct to the computer via USB.
Pickup is a LR Baggs Lyric.
I often find more natural just the parametric EQ and reverb than any guitar body IR, which is more effective with a piezo sound, probably.
In this case I used the preamp saturation from the cab block too.

Next one is to find out a way to have a natural acoustic archtop sound with a pre-war type archtop ;)

Sounds great. I like using the condenser mic from a fishman blender system I wish we could have a Acoustic preamp algorithm designed. Sometimes I have to use a clean sounding amp block just for levels which still sounds great but an emulation of a Acoustic preamp would be a dream

Sounds great.
I use para EQ for my acoustic. No amp block, no cab or body sim ir. I use the para eq to cut whatever the pickups adds and get back to the natural sound of my acoustic. People tell me it's the best acoustic tone they've heard, it's really just a great sounding guitar.

Yeah, I like not using any amp too. Para EQ is 90% of the work, in my opinion. A great tool is also Multiband Compression.

Same. I'm playing some acoustic (and some slide) for a couple of song in our set (No Rest For The Wicked - Cage The Elephant ... super fun to play!!). I just shunt it straight across the grid, and toss in an EQ, just to trim out an really nasty hi mid peaks. I have a Breedlove with w built in pickup, and it has a built in EQ, and I really don't have to do much to the sound at all. I had to crank the output volume though. I think pushed it up around +16 or 18 db, otherwise it's just no where near my electric patches.
It sounds clean and pure, just right.

Hello,
Here's a short clip direct to the computer via USB.
Pickup is a LR Baggs Lyric.
I often find more natural just the parametric EQ and reverb than any guitar body IR, which is more effective with a piezo sound, probably.
In this case I used the preamp saturation from the cab block too.

Next one is to find out a way to have a natural acoustic archtop sound with a pre-war type archtop ;)

Hi Woland, sorry for bringing an old post back from the dead, found in a search... do you have to cut a lot of mids out of your LR Baggs Lyric? I have one in a Gibson J45 Progressive and the mids are too full on for me without any EQ...

I actually just tried my first acoustic Tone Match last night from a condenser mic and it sounded awesome. Can't wait to hear it with fresh ears after work today...

Cheers
Paul

Back
Top Bottom