Acoustic into AX8

chrisjnyc

Power User
For the guys who are playing a (real) acoustic guitar into an AX8... How are you running your setup? I had a last minute gig change, going from a full band to acoustic duo. Due to the limited time, I just copied my electric presets and removed the amp and cab blocks, added in a EQ block with the level jacked up to +10-12. In the end it sounded pretty good, but not really great. I have some time before another acoustic gig and want to get it setup properly now... any ideas?

in the last bank there is an acoustic preset. I used that as my template. I added delay and verb to it. As of late I literally only use the compressor in that patch plus the delay and verb if I am in the mood. Everyone seems to be swearing by sigma audio acoustic IR these days. They are only like $7 and should be used first in the chain

in the last bank there is an acoustic preset.

I'm not seeing this preset. Is it for an acoustic or to make an electric sound like an acoustic? I have a profile of an AC3 Boss with a Taylor IR, but I can't get it into an IR to convert to .sys for AX8 usage.

Back
Top Bottom