Wish Acoustic Guitar Simulator

+10000 It would be nice, sure there are presets but it involves a lot of blocks, ir's, multiband comps, eq's. uggh. Mokes preset is decent. The boss sim in the gt1000 sounds passable.

Just use a Tonematch block with a quality recording of an acoustic guitar. For example:

1. Connect to your computer via USB, and set the Axe FX as the computer’s audio device.
2. Pull up this YouTube video:
3. Set up a preset with input > ToneMatch > Output.
4. In the TM block, set USB as the reference and Input 1 as the source to be “matched”.
5. Start playing the YouTube video, then press “start both” in the TM block (I think that’s what the button says — going from memory), then play along with the player in the video (just something similar, using the same basic chords)
6. Hit “stop”. Now you’re matched. Save to library and/or export as a cab.

Get a variax :) use the tube amp pre with some chorus delay, compression whatever your heart desires. It sounds great

Edit: of course both options would be ideal

Last edited:
Tried all that, still needs a lot of tweaking with other blocks to get something remotely passable.
Yeah, I hear you. Magnetic pickups on an electric guitar will never quite get “all the way” to the sound you’re looking for. FWIW, I use a guitar with a dedicated piezo output (plus the ToneMatch I mentioned earlier) anytime I need to use an electric guitar to get an acoustic sound.

The newest Breedlove acoustics have both a piezo bridge and a mic in the cavity that you can blend.

+ 1

Even if when I had it in the Kemper I rarely used it. I think it would be a good addition.

And...no, get an acoustic, get a piezo, get whatever "extra" just does't make sense in a "wish" sub-forum.
A lot of things we ask here may be achieved buying something extra, that's obvious! It's not the "Axe Fx III - give me a walk around"; it's "Axe Fx III Wish list".

Yes get a piezo is not a valid argument, as well as "Get an acoustic". I have guitars where that is not possible. I have a parker, taylor and a variax, but it doesn't work for certain (live) gigs where I need to be playing a certain guitar.

+10000 It would be nice, sure there are presets but it involves a lot of blocks, ir's, multiband comps, eq's. uggh. Mokes preset is decent. The boss sim in the gt1000 sounds passable.
It’s not very difficult. There are only three blocks:
  1. MBC to control the sustain of the bass strings.
  2. CAB block with an IR which matches your guitar pickup to a decent recording of an acoustic guitar.
  3. Filter block to boost the level, and notch out any frequencies you don’t want.
These are my MBC settings. Yours will be slightly different, and you'll have to find the threshhold value which works for your guitar.

MBC settings for acoustic.JPG

The key thing is making your personal IR, using your own guitar, and tone matching it to the acoustic guitar sound you want to hear. No one else’s IR is going to sound right. I used a section of the Martin in this video “https://i.imgur.com/MZjKt6n.jpg” as the target sound.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom