Acoustic guitar simulation

antcarrier

Power User
Here is a recording of some random improvisation with a preset I made on the axe fx 2 tonight (apologies for the mistakes!) :p I set out to create a moderately convincing acoustic guitar simulation to go with my peizo equipped prs hollowbody 1. The preset is very simple and is a mono hires cab into an enhancer and reverb in parallel. The cab is a fishman aura Taylor 314ce with an earthworks mic (thanks to whoever uploaded these). For the purpose of acoustic guitar simulation, the 2048 resolution IRs really stand out. Anywho - I have found this to be a fun experiment and am enjoying the acoustic tones I am getting so far.

http://soundcloud.com/antcarrier/acoustic-simulation

Nice,
Hardly to believe this is possible with a hollowbody with a piezo,
sound is very natural
Thanks for sharing

Great. Patch please.. I am looking for acoustic sound and this sounds great. Will it work with real acoustic guitar or is it just an simulation?

Messed around a lot with presets for acoustic (pickup) and piezo tones. Ultra and Axe-Fx II.
Even used the Fishman Aura Martin and Taylor IRs which are mentioned here.
But I didnt think of using the Enhancer.
Now I've learned that it works really great for acoustic tones (when playing in stereo!).

Here is the patch for those who want it. You can download the IRs in .wav here: http://forum.fractalaudio.com/user-cabs-irs/29818-fishman-aura-irs-everyone-5.html
Make sure you convert the .wav files to axe2 .syx using axe-o-matic. OwnHammer.com - Axe-O-Matic
This is important if you want to hear it in 2048 resolution, which makes a huge difference. Don't convert from Gen 1 .syx files!!
I have no idea if this particular patch will work on other guitars. It may be necessary to audition the entire aura set until you find one that best suits your instrument.
Also note I raised the low cut in the cab block, this is to remove some sub-bass that didn't sound authentic. You may need to adjust this to suit your guitars too.

Attachments

• PRS + Piezo = Taylor.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 176
  • Taylor 314ce - Earthworks QTC30.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:
Here is the patch for those who want it. You can download the IRs in .wav here: http://forum.fractalaudio.com/user-cabs-irs/29818-fishman-aura-irs-everyone-5.html
Make sure you convert the .wav files to axe2 .syx using axe-o-matic. OwnHammer.com - Axe-O-Matic
This is important if you want to hear it in 2048 resolution, which makes a huge difference. Don't convert from Gen 1 .syx files!!
I have no idea if this particular patch will work on other guitars. It may be necessary to audition the entire aura set until you find one that best suits your instrument.
Also note I raised the low cut in the cab block, this is to remove some sub-bass that didn't sound authentic. You may need to adjust this to suit your guitars too.

Thanks a bunch! Looking forward to this one for sure.

when i try to load the preset file, i get an error that says "Axe edit has stopped working"
what am i doing wrong?
if i want to recreate this patch, are you just running the cab ir and then the enhancer? no amp block or anything?

Ok...so which one of these do you load into Axe Edit??? Can you explain?

GREAT THING!!!!!! THNKS FOR THE SHARE.
I've been trying to get a good acoustic tone from the piezo of my MATON. If I mic it with my baby bottle it sounds great! but the piezo not that good.
i tried last night with the suggestions antcarrier and ..... boom ended up with a Great sound!!!!! Thanks dude!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom