Acoustic Guitar Preset (for piezo pickup)

Nozkcb

Inspired
This is my first attempt at an acoustic guitar preset for the FM9. I use this with Input 2 so that when switching from electric to acoustic, I don't have to swap chords and can simply keep the electric plugged into input 1 and the acoustic in 2. I built this with an inexpensive Martin thin-body composite acoustic, so your eq mileage may vary and will likely need some tweaks.

Attachments

• Acoustic In-2.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 95
I haven't seen what yours looks like as I am not on my machine with the edit application on it. I have done a couple of these. I uploaded one in the Axe Change for the FM9 platform. I think I have made a few updates to mine since I uploaded it. I will try to pull yours down and take a look to see how you did it. It is always good to have multiple minds thinking through these things. Mine ended up quite far from where I started due to CPU usage.

I'd be interested in something you've built. Post it, or point me to where you've posted it if you have the time.

I took a look at your preset. Mine is a little different. I created two signal chains for use with an electric guitar with a piezo pickup in it. I used a cab block with two acoustic IRs in it.

I'd be interested in something you've built. Post it, or point me to where you've posted it if you have the time.
If you go to the Axe Change and search for Piezo for the FM9, it is the only one that comes up. I am sure I have made updates to it. I did a lot of work on it. I know I put solo boosts in it after I uploaded it.

If you go to the Axe Change and search for Piezo for the FM9, it is the only one that comes up. I am sure I have made updates to it. I did a lot of work on it. I know I put solo boosts in it after I uploaded it.
I've checked your preset, but the cab for the IN 2 piezo didn't download/wasn't present. Was there a cab that you used that might be comparable from the FM9 library?

Last edited:
The preset does not have a cab by design.
What might you suggest, if the cab block in @JasonE's preset is there?

And thank you for providing your preset as well. Is there a need for the 1st Digital Mono delay if it's not being used? Also, your 3rd preset uses a USA Bass 400 amp. Although I've personally not tried it yet, could you describe what occurs with the 400 amp?

P.S. I think the "tube pre" amp blocks will work quite well. Thanks for thinking of these...

Last edited:
What might you suggest, if the cab block in @JasonE's preset is there?

And thank you for providing your preset as well. Is there a need for the 1st Digital Mono delay if it's not being used? Also, your 3rd preset uses a USA Bass 400 amp. Although I've personally not tried it yet, could you describe what occurs with the 400 amp?

P.S. I think the "tube pre" amp blocks will work quite well. Thanks for thinking of these...
I wouldn't recommend a cab. It's an acoustic guitar tone that I'm trying to maintain, not an acoustic guitar played through an amp and mic'd cab. I'm sure you could add one if you you'd like, that just wasn't at all my intent.

The 400 sounds like the old Mesa 400. Probably suited best for hard rock. It's not my personal cup of soup, but I used it just in case.

Glad the "Tube Pre" is working for you.

I've checked your preset, but the cab for the IN 2 piezo didn't download/wasn't present. Was there a cab that you used that might be comparable from the FM9 library?

When I get a chance later today, I will try to take a look for you. I did use a cab block and I put two acoustic IRs in it. The IRs were free to download. I thought they would stay with the preset.

When I get a chance later today, I will try to take a look for you. I did use a cab block and I put two acoustic IRs in it. The IRs were free to download. I thought they would stay with the preset.
I think Bleujazz3 is referring to the preset that I made that uses input number 2 and is designed without a cabinet. I was NOT trying to emulate the sound of an acoustic guitar through an acoustic amp That was then micd, rather an acoustic guitar with EQ, compression and effect that would go straight to the front of house / monitors.

For me personally, this works much better than trying to also emulate a speaker cabinet that is being micd.

Here are a couple of screen shots that show the things you had questions about in the threads you tagged me in.

Here is the preamp in the cab block that I used.

1641223635230.png

Here is the cab block with the two acoustic IRs in it.

1641224236791.png

Another key to getting the tones I was looking for is the air adjustment on this screen.

1641224844191.png

Last edited:
Here are a couple of screen shots that show the things you had questions about in the threads you tagged me in.

Here is the preamp in the cab block that I used...

...Here is the cab block with the two acoustic IRs in it...

...Another key to getting the tones I was looking for is the air adjustment on this screen.
Yup. Thanks, Jason. The IN 2 path cab did not download from AxeChange.

If the cab was saved from a 3rd party website, and was not a factory cab, that was likely the reason why.

3rd party cabs are limited to the original owner of the cab, and according to the AxeChange website cannot be ported to AxeChange. (IIRC, the disclaimer when you sign up with AxeChange is that 3rd party cabs and presets from other users are not allowed.)

I've only recently signed on with AxeChange myself, and may upload my 2 presets for others to use.

What I did previously was ask "how much I'd saved" by using what I already knew and essentially put it back out where others could make use of things.

Yup. Thanks, Jason. The IN 2 path cab did not download from AxeChange.

If the cab was saved from a 3rd party website, and was not a factory cab, that was likely the reason why.

3rd party cabs are limited to the original owner of the cab, and according to the AxeChange website cannot be ported to AxeChange. (IIRC, the disclaimer when you sign up with AxeChange is that 3rd party cabs and presets from other users are not allowed.)

I've only recently signed on with AxeChange myself, and may upload my 2 presets for others to use.

What I did previously was ask "how much I'd saved" by using what I already knew and essentially put it back out where others could make use of things.

I used a stock Fractal cab block. They must strip any IRs if they are not stock. The ones I used were free but they would have no way of knowing that.

I used a stock Fractal cab block. They must strip any IRs if they are not stock. The ones I used were free but they would have no way of knowing that.
Yup. Your computer would tell you if that were the case or not. Maybe the "tips" are the reasons why we ask questions...😇

Back
Top Bottom