Acoustic Guitar IR's HERE

JMZ93 said:
HI folks. As someone who doesn't have the Axe-fx, how can I use these impulses? Is there a utility to convert the files back to .wav format?

What I'm wanting to do is this - record in the piezo signal from my Godin solidbody, and process it with an IR plug-in with an impulse of an acoustic body or similar.

no, you need the wave files.

JJunkie said:
Hey,

I have been looking for IRs for acoustic guitar for a few weeks. Here is the collection I have built up so far, from various Axe user posts / axechange / web. I created this post with the view to have a one stop shop to get these. I know that some older forum content is no longer available, so this may not be the best solution long-term, but just dumping into axechange atm doesnt necessarily help users, unless they know exactly what they are looking for.

-The "MB" IRs come from a Mama Bear Acoustic Guitar preamp in various input/output modes (see product website) <Axechange and forum>
-The "FishmanPlat" IR comes from a Fishman Pro-EQ Platinum Bass. Very different from the MB's, can get a nylon feel if eq'd right <Axechange>
-Boss AC3 - from the boss acoustic sim pedal <forum>
-Acoustic Guitar_dc - no idea how this was derived but it has a lot of treble <web>
-Metal bath - IR of a metal tub / bath. Found it useful, currently run alongside another cab block <web>

For those who have more IRs for acoustic guitar, please feel free to share here...

NB: remove .rar extension from filename to convert it to a syxex file

Cheers,

Justin

Hi

Bump for this...

I couldn't find the sources for the Mama Bear IRs someone was kind enough to share.

Would someone clue me in as to what guitars go with which IR or post a linky.

Also, if anyone would share any missing ones I'm sure it would be greatly appreciated

TIA

Has anyone tried to simulate a semi-hollow body guitar using one of these and another cab? I tried it with one (I forget which, maybe the one JavaJunkie posted) without luck. Maybe there's one that's more appropriate.

I have the Mamabear as well. Although I have followed this thread all the way through, I'm still pretty clueless on the technical aspects. I use the current Mamabear IRs extensively, and I would like to do my part to contribute. If you guys can help baby-step me through the process, I'll do my best to capture the remaining IRs and post them here for everyone.

Cheers!

shemihazazel said:
I have the Mamabear as well. Although I have followed this thread all the way through, I'm still pretty clueless on the technical aspects. I use the current Mamabear IRs extensively, and I would like to do my part to contribute. If you guys can help baby-step me through the process, I'll do my best to capture the remaining IRs and post them here for everyone.

Cheers!

Thanks for the offer! though i have dont have a grasp of the full procedure myself. I know that there is a sticky thread on the subject by Jay Mitchell. Can anyone else help shem out here?

Cheers

acwild said:
Has anyone tried to simulate a semi-hollow body guitar using one of these and another cab? I tried it with one (I forget which, maybe the one JavaJunkie posted) without luck. Maybe there's one that's more appropriate.

I think the best way is running a shunt in parallel of a cab and then use a mixer block to adjust.
Maybe you could also achieve the same result using the air in the cab block.

Back
Top Bottom