Acoustic Guitar IR's HERE

JJunkie

Power User
Hey,

I have been looking for IRs for acoustic guitar for a few weeks. Here is the collection I have built up so far, from various Axe user posts / axechange / web. I created this post with the view to have a one stop shop to get these. I know that some older forum content is no longer available, so this may not be the best solution long-term, but just dumping into axechange atm doesnt necessarily help users, unless they know exactly what they are looking for.

-The "MB" IRs come from a Mama Bear Acoustic Guitar preamp in various input/output modes (see product website) <Axechange and forum>
-The "FishmanPlat" IR comes from a Fishman Pro-EQ Platinum Bass. Very different from the MB's, can get a nylon feel if eq'd right <Axechange>
-Boss AC3 - from the boss acoustic sim pedal <forum>
-Acoustic Guitar_dc - no idea how this was derived but it has a lot of treble <web>
-Metal bath - IR of a metal tub / bath. Found it useful, currently run alongside another cab block <web>

For those who have more IRs for acoustic guitar, please feel free to share here...

NB: remove .rar extension from filename to convert it to a syxex file

Cheers,

Justin

Spawn-X said:
rsf1977 said:
tried opening these ".rar" files on a mac and it was a no go

Same here on XP-Pro. :(
Tried to unzip w/ Winrar, Power Archiver or 7zip, but, no way...

I think he is saying they are not archive files, they are regular .syx files. He put the .rar extention so he could upload them here (the forum doesn't accept .syx uploads but does .jpgs and files w/ compressed extentions).
Just take the .rar off the end. Don't try to unzip it.

good to hear iaresee,

btw, they r not my IRs, i just wanted to catalogue them in the one spot

so dont hesitate to add others you come across right here!!

Cheers

Okies...how does one actually take the '.rar' off? I can't do it when saving/downloading the file, or when I attempted to rename it. May be a dumb questions but I'm totally not a computer person really...

Fler said:
Okies...how does one actually take the '.rar' off? I can't do it when saving/downloading the file, or when I attempted to rename it. May be a dumb questions but I'm totally not a computer person really...

If you are on windows:

Download the file as the .rar
open the folder its in
click tools, then folder options
click on the view tab
uncheck the box that says "hide extensions for known file types"
click ok, and now you can rename the file and eliminate the .rar extension

Hi,

I have come to a predicament - almost all my user cab slots are filled with these acoustic ones, but now I want to try some Red Wirez stuff and I am almost certain that I will want to keep a few handy in some user slots... by now we are all aware that there is not likely to be any allocation of additional user slots in future as per recent thread discussions, but has anyone tried combining any of the IR's available on this thread??

I am aware of an IR "mixer" developed by Red Wires (oh by the way, I dont really want this thread turning into another red wirez discussion - but there, iv'e typed it 3 times now... i may have invoked the demon....) available as freeware - could this be a solution?

<http://www.redwirez.com/ir/IRmixer.zip>

Cheers,

J

The IR mixer could work for you. The problem is the IRs may not be setup for mixing. Red Wirez IRs are all phase aligned so you don't have to worry about phasing issues when you combine them with the simple mixer program. These acoustic IRs might not be setup so nicely. So the simple mix approach might not work. But a more complicated IR mixing plugin, that lets you phase shift the IRs and stuff, should work.

It'd be cool to try. I like the Boss AC-3 (or was it -2?) IR. That's what I used on that clip above. But it's very, very quiet and thin. Combining it with one of the other ones from the D-Tar or Fishman units you provided might fill it out.

Edit 1: Also, the IR mixer only works on .wav-based IRs. Not SysEx IRs -- the SysEx stuff is Axe-Fx proprietary IIRC.

Edit 2: You can try combining these in your Axe-Fx. Just run a stereo cab block and put one IR in spot one and the other IR in spot two in the block, pan both dead center, adjust their levels to mix them together.

Thanks for the info - some of the IRs on this thread were originally wavs and I will have a go at mixing them sometime..... will post them here if successful

Im aware of having a stereo cab block, but this does not free up user cab slots.

Cheers,

J

HI folks. As someone who doesn't have the Axe-fx, how can I use these impulses? Is there a utility to convert the files back to .wav format?

What I'm wanting to do is this - record in the piezo signal from my Godin solidbody, and process it with an IR plug-in with an impulse of an acoustic body or similar.

Back
Top Bottom