Acoustic Guitar IRs for the AFX ll - Has anyone done it successfully?

Radley

Experienced
Hello Axoids! (been a while since I've been on the boards) I am interested in putting some quality Acoustic Guitar IRs in my AFX ll so I can use it to enhance my piezo acoustics (a la Fishman Aura etc). I already have some in my Ultra but the AFX ll needs longer 'samples', no? Any info would be much appreciated!

You can use the Axeomatic utility to convert the ultra's to II format. I have an Aura, if you tell me which settings you want I could make an IR of them.

I think the acoustic IRs do benefit from the extra samples.

The ever present gtrbody IR is available converted to AxeFx II format in two different versions; look at THIS THREAD. I'm pretty sure the Aura IRs have been posted in wav format (with plenty of samples for the AxeFx II) but I'm not sure where.

I have some IRs I took from my D28, but I haven't had time yet to go through them and see how they turned out.

You can use the Axeomatic utility to convert the ultra's to II format. I have an Aura, if you tell me which settings you want I could make an IR of them.

Thanks Java! - Where can I find this utility, and does it work for Macs?

Java - I am envisioning using two Hi-res Cabs with two different Acoustic IRs to create a dramatic/complex stereo image. I *really* appreciate your offer to create some Aura Hi-res AFX ll IRs....which Aura do you have? I am currently using the Aura Spectrum (has all the models).

~Hadster~

Java - I am envisioning using two Hi-res Cabs with two different Acoustic IRs to create a dramatic/complex stereo image. I *really* appreciate your offer to create some Aura Hi-res AFX ll IRs....which Aura do you have? I am currently using the Aura Spectrum (has all the models).

~Hadster~

You can use the IR capture utility to capture them yourself. See the guide on the support page for details on how to use the utility.

Is that with your hollowbody and just electric pickups? Or a piezo pickup? Would you share that ir? It's amazing!

Its a piezo p/u. Here's the IR, originally uploaded by shawngee (thanks!)

Adjust low cut in the cab block to suit to your speakers.

Attachments

• Taylor 314ce - Earthworks QTC30.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 96
I have the info on how to make an IR using a cab & mic.... just wondering how it's done using a Fishman Aura or AG Stomp?

Unfortunately I just realized my Aura is in Neil's storage warehouse, so I won't have access to it until tour time :( If anyone does decide to do some IRs of their Aura, I would love to try them in the meantime! I would think these should all be done with 100% effect (no direct mixed in - mix pot all the way clockwise). I DO however have my AG Stomp which also has some fine STEREO Acoustic IRs :)(Aura is mono). I guess I would have to record each side of the AG Stomp's stereo outs mono, one at a time?

Unfortunately I just realized my Aura is in Neil's storage warehouse, so I won't have access to it until tour time :( If anyone does decide to do some IRs of their Aura, I would love to try them in the meantime! I would think these should all be done with 100% effect (no direct mixed in - mix pot all the way clockwise). I DO however have my AG Stomp which also has some fine STEREO Acoustic IRs :)(Aura is mono). I guess I would have to record each side of the AG Stomp's stereo outs mono, one at a time?

I'll do them this weekend.

I will be happy to post my Yamaha AG Stomp IRs (if I can figure out how to make them, and post them here on the board). I'm a guitar player, not a rocket scientist!!! :)

Its a piezo p/u. Here's the IR, originally uploaded by shawngee (thanks!)

Adjust low cut in the cab block to suit to your speakers.
How do ya'll setup to use this? I just put it in my cab1 with a deluxe verb amp set as clean as possible. WOW!!!! Is that how ya'll setup these acoustic IRs? I'm using a agile electric with active pups, any help appreciated. I really want it to sound like THIS!!!!

Back
Top Bottom