Acoustic guitar body modeling

So this is kind of a 2D IR with a time AND frequency domain?

I guess you could think of it like that.

It's a technique where the model is parametric, so it seemed like a great fit in the Fractal scheme of things.

A lot of people use the tone match acoustic on the Fractal. An acoustic body model block would take that to the next level.

I guess you could think of it like that.

It's a technique where the model is parametric, so it seemed like a great fit in the Fractal scheme of things.

A lot of people use the tone match acoustic on the Fractal. An acoustic body model block would take that to the next level.
The problem is: how would that work in practice? It would involve a synthesizer component, since the time domain would either require physically altering the mechanical oscillation of the strings (impossible without a resonator device) or creating sound regardless of the mechanical oscillation (= synth ... or at least an IR loaded multidelay).

Actually ... uhh... I think we can do that already.

You would have to set up a group of parallel delays with a mix of 100% and very small delay time (like 30ms and 90ms). Then you put a cab block/Tonematch with an IR loaded after each of them.
These IRs would have to be created like described in the paper.

You won't get a fully "3D" IR that way, but at least you have up to 4 different IRs spread over the time domain that way (by using two stereo cab blocks).

Attachments

• 3D_IR.jpg
    3D_IR.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom