Acoustic Christmas

Geezerjohn

Fractal Fanatic
I have been asked to provide acoustic Christmas music for a local event. I am asked to play solo acoustic guitar for about 2 hours. It is certainly not Madison Square Garden, but a nice gig providing background music for about 100 people. I have been furiously working on my finger picking chops and my list of Christmas songs. I GOT BLISTAS ON MY FINGAS! Two hours is a lot of fingerpicking.

By the way, I had to drop "Winter Wonderland" from my set list. Ever since I heard the "Walkin' Round in Women's Underwear" version, I just can't concentrate. I'm ruint.

I hear you Geezer...couple years ago I had to do a bunch of John Denver Christmas songs for a show...I gained a new appreciation for his finger picking skills. Still can't believe I pulled that one off.

LOL my other guitar player is a school teacher and he is working with music students on a few Christmas songs. He had the lyric/chord sheets on his music stand that he was going to bring out to them, and, at our last rehearsal, I saw them and insisted we try several songs. Hard rock versions of "Frosty The Snowman" and "Rudolf, The Red Nosed Reindeer", etc., are a thing of beauty :cool:.

I hear you Geezer...couple years ago I had to do a bunch of John Denver Christmas songs for a show...I gained a new appreciation for his finger picking skills. Still can't believe I pulled that one off.
Yes, the late great John Denver was a master finger picker. Unfortunately, his public persona was a bit on the ditzy side so he never really got the credit he deserved for his finger picking skills, at least IMHO. As a solo acoustic musician, I cover a few Denver classics, and some of his not so well known tunes, like Darcy Farrow. Very difficult to master his style.

Back
Top Bottom