Ack! Did Q1.06 Just Brick My XL???? - SOLVED

WW Audio

Inspired
Never had one spot of trouble with my trusty XL since I've owned it. Earlier today, was noodling around on it while it still had 1.05 on it. Everything was running great, unplugged everything as I always do, shut it down, and went on to other things. About 20 minutes ago, downloaded 1.06, did the upgrade via Fractal Bot. No errors reported during the update, it finished fine then gave the message to shutdown the Axe. I shut it off for 10 seconds (twice the recommended time) then turned it back on.

At this point I was greeted with a completely blank display screen and all of the display screen LED's were lit up and stayed on. I turned it off, unplugged everything but the power, held down the Recall button whilst powering back up, but no joy. Before I launch a support ticket, are there other key combinations to hold down while powering up that might help? I seem to recall reading that somewhere in the past but can't find it now.

Don't have an MFC (though I wish I did). Found the reset procedure just before reading biskit's post......hold down both Page buttons while powering on. All of that seems to have worked. Reloaded 1.06 and I'm back in business. Shew......nearly soiled my armor on that one. Have a session this weekend and I had these awful visions of having to cancel it.

All good now, thanks.

Back
Top Bottom