Ace Frehley - Shock Me

GuitarMan86

Power User
Hey All,

Thought I would try something different. I grew up listening to KISS. My first album was actually KISS Alive II lol. I heard this song the other day and said why not try this one.....havent played it in such a long time. I fudged my way through the solo just by memory so fogive the clams there. The guitars are two separate tracks. The backing track has no guitars at all and I tried to give it that raw live feel.

The AMP block was the JVM OD1 with just a touch of REVERB and that was it. \m/ KISS! lol 8) ...enjoy!

LOL!!! I almost spit up my drink laughing when I saw the thread title
Way to go , I haven't heard this in years
Nice job, the solo sounded right on from what I can remember

hah!.... I thought you'd get a kick out of that one lmao. Not a tough song overall but just a raw guitar tone and trying to pull of Ace was kind of fun lol :)

Sounds great! I loved Ace's solo album. Best of the the four of them. Snowblind is another great tune. You know who stole the Shock Me riff straight up? Buck Cherry. I swear "Lit up" is the same riff. Surprised they didnt get sued.

Buckcherry - Lit Up - YouTube

Sounds great! I loved Ace's solo album. Best of the the four of them. Snowblind is another great tune. You know who stole the Shock Me riff straight up? Buck Cherry. I swear "Lit up" is the same riff. Surprised they didnt get sued.

Buckcherry - Lit Up - YouTube
Holy s#@t, they really did rip it off!

Thanks GuitarMan86 for that excellent rendition of a classic Kiss song! Sounds really good!

Last edited:
https://soundcloud.com/rodney-zimmerman/god-of-thunder-no-vox-mp3

I did this back in August with firm v7 but I was afraid to post anything by KISS on this forum. Now, I don't have to be afraid anymore.

My first concert was KISS Dynasty 1979. I was 11. Still can't believe my mom let my brother, who was 16 at the time, take me to see them.

PS - I actually dislike this song, but an old high school buddy asked me if I could play it and send it to him. I don't have the track in my itunes, and I tried to do some aspect of the solo as I remembered it from 40 years ago. I always used to fast forward my 8-track past this one. I got the feedback courtesy of my Fernandes Sustainer guitar. This is a USB direct into MAC recording.

https://soundcloud.com/rodney-zimmerman/god-of-thunder-no-vox-mp3

I did this back in August with firm v7 but I was afraid to post anything by KISS on this forum. Now, I don't have to be afraid anymore.

My first concert was KISS Dynasty 1979. I was 11. Still can't believe my mom let my brother, who was 16 at the time, take me to see them.

PS - I actually dislike this song, but an old high school buddy asked me if I could play it and send it to him. I don't have the track in my itunes, and I tried to do some aspect of the solo as I remembered it from 40 years ago. I always used to fast forward my 8-track past this one. I got the feedback courtesy of my Fernandes Sustainer guitar. This is a USB direct into MAC recording.

hahaha..... Eight Track? What's that? :)

Very cool story btw...lucky you at age 11 lol.......I never got to go their concerts when I was younger. I had all their albums and a ton of their other junk growing up. I have been to a few of their concerts now but d*mn tickets are ridiculous. lol Great shows though

Should I have been afraid to post a KISS tune? haha.....naaaah ....was fun....brought back memories ;)

Oh no! You guys have went from copping VH tones to KISS tones. I guess from here on out the firmware numbers will be descending instead of ascending.

J/K. Like a lot of you guys, Ace was my first guitar inspiration. But unlike the rest of you, I never made it any further.

Oh no! You guys have went from copping VH tones to KISS tones. I guess from here on out the firmware numbers will be descending instead of ascending.

J/K. Like a lot of you guys, Ace was my first guitar inspiration. But unlike the rest of you, I never made it any further.

Hahaha.....I know....I kind of went in the opposite direction huh lol :)

I just wanted to see the reaction when I did this one I guess. I have always been a Hard Rock/Hair Metal type of player so when I heard this I had to pull it off hehe

Back
Top Bottom