• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

ACDC Shoot to Thrill (Tone Match)

Tubehead

Inspired
Hey all

I grabbed a live recording (MOGG) of ACDC's Shoot to Thrill and tone matched both Malcolm's and Angus' guitars. Removed the guitars from the track and re-recorded them using my Axe FX. I'm including both the SYX files here for you. I know there is a lot of metal posted here, but perhaps some good timeless Classic rock tones can be used by some of you... This file I worked with was a live recording of STT, so Angus' guitar sound much more over-driven than the album version.

I played Malcolm's part through a Gibson Les Paul. I do not have Gretsch double-cutaway Jet Firebird guitar. hehe
Angus' part was played using a Gibson SG Standard.Solo is a bit on the weak side... Sorry

View attachment Shoot To Thrill (Malcolm).syx
View attachment Shoot To Thrill (Angus).syx

Enjoy!

Let me know if you like it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom