AccuGroove Latte vs Xitone MBritt?

FWIW They are now advertising a coaxial design on their web site. Wedge and cabinet. Wonder how those compart to the CLR's. Of course no frequency plot posted. Lower power and spl levels than the CLR advertised specs though.

So I do understand a few things about electronics and I agree that's egregious and awful but...companies make, and recover, from stupid mistakes all the time. This capacitor-in-series debacle was, according to the internet's elephantine memory, about 7 years ago. Seems weird to portray them as awful engineers forever more.
The point is that they're not engineers... If you know electronics, you know that this is not a mistake engineers make, or even somewhat informed home DIYers make. The mistake is akin to a plummer using toilet paper to plug a leak. It's egregious.
The dual tweeter design choice was made when they weren't engineers. They might be engineers now after 7 years, but they haven't changed their design...

This falls apart if the tweeters aren't receiving the same frequency content -- there could be a crossover between them. Not saying there is, but you should allow for the possibility in your critiques. According to this article they do use 3- and 4-way crossover designs so it's definitely a possibility that each tweeter is getting a significantly different amount of signal content to broadcast. The article says: AccuGroove’s unique cabinets utilize the D-CELL504 DSP’s Armonía software to create crossovers that divide the input signal three to four ways, sending each frequency range to an individual speaker within the cabinet.
This is true, there could be a crossover between them. I didn't allow for that possibility.
But then one has to immediately think, why would anyone use two dome tweeters of the same form factor to produce different frequency ranges? It would still be a bad design choice.

We should also acknowledge that FRFR is a heavily overloaded term. Let's call it an "aspirational label" for speakers, especially at this price range. In a room full of claimed FRFR speakers they all sounded remarkably different which, if they're really doing their jobs right, shouldn't be the case.
Thumbs up. Speaker designers choose what compromises to make, there's no perfect FRFR.
But let's also call out bad designs that make dumb compromises for what they are.

The point is that they're not engineers... If you know electronics, you know that this is not a mistake engineers make, or even somewhat informed home DIYers make. The mistake is akin to a plummer using toilet paper to plug a leak. It's egregious.
The dual tweeter design choice was made when they weren't engineers. They might be engineers now after 7 years, but they haven't changed their design...
Well, it's certainly a mistake a company makes and companies recover from mistakes all the time. My point stands.

This is true, there could be a crossover between them. I didn't allow for that possibility.
But then one has to immediately think, why would anyone use two dome tweeters of the same form factor to produce different frequency ranges? It would still be a bad design choice.
It wouldn't be bad design. It's fairly common throughout the speaker industry. I can spit and hit a dozen high-end speakers that use multiples of the same driver for different frequency ranges. So, based on what do you make your "It would still be a bad design choice" claim?

Of course no frequency plot posted.
After all the words exchanged on this thread I think that's the biggest and most suspect thing about them. I have some literature in my inbox from when I was considering one and there's no plots in the literature either.

Well, it's certainly a mistake a company makes and companies recover from mistakes all the time. My point stands.
Your point misses my point. And it's not a big company, according to their website there's one designer. It's not a company's mistake then, it's one person's lack of engineering knowledge. To be fair, his background is being a bassist according to the website, explains his lack of engineering knowledge.

Not sure why this is a point of contention, they have a history of bad design. I never meant to argue that they were "awful engineers forevermore," my point is to say that these designs don't make a lot of sense.

It wouldn't be bad design. It's fairly common throughout the speaker industry. I can spit and hit a dozen high-end speakers that use multiples of the same driver for different frequency ranges. So, based on what do you make your "It would still be a bad design choice" claim?

Please do show me some non-consumer, professional use speakers (studio monitors preferably) that uses more than one of same dome tweeter for different frequency ranges in a single speaker enclosure.

I appreciate the discourse, I know you're an established forum member and I'm not arguing for argument sake. If there's something for me to learn, I want to learn. Thanks.

After all the words exchanged on this thread I think that's the biggest and most suspect thing about them. I have some literature in my inbox from when I was considering one and there's no plots in the literature either.
Except an on axis frequency plot would not show the faults I've brought up on this thread. But yes, anything is preferred over nothing. They don't even rate dB range for the frequency range of most of their products.

This thread kind of makes me miss Jay Mitchell. He'd set us all straight, I'm sure...

I've studied most of his posts on Fractal and thegearpage forums. A lot of my learning comes from him, and organizations he is affiliated with, AES and SynAudCon.

The two issues I've brought up with the Latte, I can remember Jay's posts somewhere on the internet where he basically says verbatim what I've said, but regarding other speakers. I'm actually trying to solidify my learning right now through posting and putting it into my own words. So.. if you're looking for Jay's critique, I think I'm pretty close to how dismissive he'd be of the Latte.

Last edited:
@yeky83 you make some great points. Certainly gives me lots of pause. Happy I didn't follow through on the purchase. The price and email exchange with them never left me feeling comfortable.

Back
Top Bottom