AccuGroove Latte vs Xitone MBritt?

iaresee

Administrator
Anyone tried both?

I've only had the opportunity play a Latte and...I liked it quite a bit. But it was in a big'ish room and I was standing fairly far back from it. I'm wondering if, as a monitor on stage, it's going to be too narrow in its dispersion. The open back of the MBritt is intriguing.

I have not tried the MBritt but may pick up one in the future. I have the smaller Accugroove Demitasse and the thing sounds huge. Love the small and lightweight package. I like it so much I just received a second Demitasse so I am looking forward to stereo.

I had an Atomic CLR for a year or so and I think the Accugroove is defifinetly a big notch up and more natural sounding to me it was a bit hifi for my taste.

Nice. Thanks @79_limited! I did compare the CLR to the Latte at the same time and preferred the Latte in sound and weight. I'm told the MBritt is pretty heavy, but does do the side-fill thing really well because of the open design.

Where do you position the Demitasse? Hmm. I wonder if 2x Demitasse is better than 1x Latte now...

Edit: NVM. Demitasse isn't substantially cheaper than Latte so no 2x for me! :D

Just got back from my first full on band practice tonight with a pair of the Demitasse’s. Loud three piece power pop band.

Wowzers these things are unreal. Cab feel and punch. They handle both clean and distorted tones superbly. The real eye opener was how well all of my effects cut through and come alive. Unreal how detailed they are with these active cabs.

First gig coming up Wednesday night with this setup. I will report back.

I'm thinking on getting an Accugroove Espresso. The guy at Accugroove said I could use it as a vocal monitor as well. Anyone try vocals through their Accugroove cabs? I'm the main singer so I think it would be cool to have my vocals and guitar coming through it to eliminate another monitor. If it doesn't sound good with vocals, then I would probably get the Latte. Thanks!

Ok just did my first gig with the Demitasse pair. These things are the real deal. I don't miss my Marshall 4X10 cab with power amp at all. The effects on the Axe really shine through so much more than any other power amp/cab or FRFR I have ever used. What I always hated about FRFR was you lost that amp in the room feel. Not so with these....I find I actually have cut the low end down some because these small monitors put out so much. I can't imagine what the larger models put out.

Ok just did my first gig with the Demitasse pair. These things are the real deal. I don't miss my Marshall 4X10 cab with power amp at all. The effects on the Axe really shine through so much more than any other power amp/cab or FRFR I have ever used. What I always hated about FRFR was you lost that amp in the room feel. Not so with these....I find I actually have cut the low end down some because these small monitors put out so much. I can't imagine what the larger models put out.
We ran my Mu-Tron patch through the Latte at the meetup this summer and it was the best of the bunch with the low end on that preset. And that preset has some serious funky lows to it.

Wife says there's a Xitone box waiting for me at home...sigh. Will be too late by the time I get back to crank it up.

We ran my Mu-Tron patch through the Latte at the meetup this summer and it was the best of the bunch with the low end on that preset. And that preset has some serious funky lows to it.
Yes! I don't find any lack of bass response with my Xitones, but that Mutron preset slayed when played thru the Lattes!

Back
Top Bottom