AccuGroove cabinets: has anyone here tried them?

@acidfrost summed it up pretty well. The spec being referred to is the frequency response. The +/- number measures the flatness of the response; the smaller the number, the flatter the response. Looking at the specs, the CLR has significantly flatter response than the Klipsch.
Pure horseshit... throwing a number like that out there is absolute garbage, without actually seeing a graph and/or taking into account all the other major specs to be considered, or better yet LISTENING to the speakers. To say that particular spec is THE MOST IMPORTANT is just a load of crap. As this thread isn't even about either CLR or Klipsch I'll go no farther with this nonsensical discussion other than to say it's WAY more then obvious that neither of you've ever even heard a Klipsch speaker otherwise this discussion wouldn't even be taking place.

To get back to the OP's original question it appears to me that AccuGroove is in fact striving to make very high quality FRFR cabs while so many others want to make small portable "lightweights" which IMO are generally overpriced for what you get. Think of it this way, you can buy many different amp/efx modelers for far less then a Fractal unit but why are you even on this site? Because you really DO want the best. Does that quest end with the modeler.........I don't think so, and I also don't think it ends with over-rated, over priced, under performing speaker cabs. In the end 'IF YOU'RE SMART' you'll get what you pay for, if not you'll end up with a piece of overpriced junk with little or no resale value at all. In other words do your home work and understand if there is ANY product in the world you should NOT buy on the internet it's SPEAKERS!

Last edited:
I'll respond, but I'll ignore the bait...

Pure horseshit... throwing a number like that out there is absolute garbage, without actually seeing a graph...or taking into account all the other major specs to be considered, or better yet LISTENING to the speakers.
Not "absolute garbage," but the best evidence available, short of measuring them myself, which I'm not in a position to do. Yes, response graphs would be nice—especially if we know the test conditions and what smoothing was applied. But we don't have that.

...or taking into account all the other major specs to be considered...
You left no opening for other specs. Here's what you said:

FRFR by definition is FULL RANGE/FLAT RESPONSE, and very few if any of these even come close. I do however have a REAL version of some of these type speaker cabs...they still stand today as the GOLD standard of what true FRFR truly is.
You based your claim on flatness of response, and frequency response is the only meaningful spec when it comes to that. We were shown a level of flatness that beats your "gold standard" at a third of the price.

...or better yet LISTENING to the speakers.
When it comes to frequency response, measurements beat listening every time.

To say that particular spec is THE MOST IMPORTANT is just a load of crap.
Yes, that would have been a load of crap. Good thing I didn't say that. ;) Frequency response isn't the only important spec when evaluating a speaker. But if you're claiming superior frequency response, it's the only spec.

short of measuring them myself, which I'm not in a position to do. Yes, response graphs would be nice—especially if we know the test conditions and what smoothing was applied. But we don't have that.
EXACTLY MY POINT!

I've been using AccuGroove cabs for a few years now, I have a pair of the Ristretto 8'' and Espresso 12'' cabs. I also have a pair of CLR-neo's, and Matrix FR12's, and RCF-12SMA, and I think I've tried everything else. Yes I've been totally geeking out on this stuff.
There are lots of great cabs in this bunch and at this point I think I can make anything sound good, but to me, the AccuGroove's are by far the best.
The 3 way design is just dominant in clarity depth and detail. I am kind of partial to the Ristretto cabs in a band setting and I've used them with a 13 piece show band and they are great with plenty low end punch, mid range smack, and high end cut.

I would say the Espresso cabs have an advantage if you're playing more metal type music and really need low end punch, but the tone and relatively small footprint of the Ristretto cabs are awesome. By the way if you are playing metal and want the best, the AG Supremo cab is in a class of its own.

If Im playing a small gig or rehearsal sometimes I'll just take one Ristretto and its plenty, but trust me the first time you step on a stereo chorus or delay running two cabs you won't ever want to play in mono again. I don't care when people tell me, "the people in the back can't feel your stereo rig" I can, and if Im happy I play better, and that makes the show better for everyone. Cheers

Just got back from a full day rehearsal and I have to say that I am really happy with the sound of my active Accugroove Latte (unfortunately I only have one). Given that I am curious if anyone has compared:

1) The active Latte vs the active Espresso (the wedge version of the Latte) And/Or
2) the active Latte vs the CLR Neo (I have never heard a CLR... just curious)

If you have experience comparing any of the above cabs I would appreciate your input as we can't go to a store and do a listen for ourselves.

Saturday a group of us got together and did a comparison of several different FRFR cabs, including passive Latte cabs. We didn't have CLRs but they did compare very well to Xitones.

Reviving this thread. I'm looking at getting an Espresso or a Ristretto for my AX8. I mainly need a monitor as we have Meyer Sound mains which would handle all the volume. Is one Ristretto enough for medium volume (think Deluxe Reverb on 6) monitoring on stage or would the Expresso be the ticket?

Thanks!

Last edited:
I would say a single Ristretto would be plenty to handle what your talking about. The only reason to step up to the Espresso to me is if your playing lots of heavy palm mute kind of stuff and really want that kick for feel. But if your use to a 112 combo like a Deluxe Reverb then Ristretto is amazing.

I just bought a pair of the smallest Demitasse's and these things have crazy power in a small package. I had my first gig with them last night and they rocked well with our loud three piece band. I think you will love either one you choose.

Anyone compare the supremo or latte to a Friedman asm/asc? Looking for a massive clean and heavy guitar sound that is mid focused. I use lots of washed out fx here and there as well.

[QUOTE="t0aj15, post: 1517903, member: 8066]
I'am referring to Klipsch's La Scala model speakers (I personally have four). Ya they're big, heavy, and at $3000.00 dollars each they ain't cheap, but as the old saying goes 'you get what you pay for'.
[/QUOTE]
I designed and built my own rig around an ancient westrex/altec design...added subs and super tweeters and I would put this up against any Klipsch design. ;) ...but having said that any old school proper hi end horn design system is impressive:
stereo_01.jpg

Back
Top Bottom