AccuGroove cabinets: has anyone here tried them?

PRS513

Inspired
I'm looking to make a change on my cab/power situation and was wondering if anyone here has tried the AccuGroove line. I've read nothing but great reviews, haven't found anything negative about them, but I'm hesitant to throw down that kind of cash without any frame of reference on them.

Would appreciate anyone's comments who may have one or has at least tried them.

I'll also need to decide if I go self powered or power it separately. Maybe with a small tube power amp?

Thanks guys :)

They sound good, and they are super light.

I don't own any but I was able to hear it a few years ago at an Axe Fx event. Compared very well with CLR, Xitone (what I have) and Mission.

By bassist has some, but we play all IEM so I haven't heard his yet. He likes them... Uses them for bass, Chapman Stick and mandolin.

One thing to note is that they are not a coaxial design, which most of the highly reviewed FRFR cabs are.

One thing to note is that they are not a coaxial design, which most of the highly reviewed FRFR cabs are.
That's because they take it to the next level...in other words they aren't trying to blow smoke up your ass by telling you a simple 1-12" with a 1' tweeter is going to be the 'BE ALL END ALL FRFR" of guitar speaker cabs. CAUSE IT AIN'T!

IMO a VAST majority of these recent "SUPPOSEDLY" FRFR cabs are in fact a complete fraud. FRFR by definition is FULL RANGE/FLAT RESPONSE, and very few if any of these even come close. I do however have a REAL version of some of these type speaker cabs that I've had for many years now and they are pretty much recognized as one of 'THE' standard benchmarks for TRUE "FRFR", they are in fact large, heavy, and rather expensive...BUT IMO they still stand today as the GOLD standard of what true FRFR truly is. I'am referring to Klipsch's La Scala model speakers (I personally have four). Ya they're big, heavy, and at $3000.00 dollars each they ain't cheap, but as the old saying goes 'you get what you pay for'.

So I guess what I'm trying to say here is don't even think you can pay for a sows ear and hope to come close to getting a silk purse.

YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!

That's because they take it to the next level...in other words they aren't trying to blow smoke up your ass by telling you a simple 1-12" with a 1' tweeter is going to be the 'BE ALL END ALL FRFR" of guitar speaker cabs. CAUSE IT AIN'T!

IMO a VAST majority of these recent "SUPPOSEDLY" FRFR cabs are in fact a complete fraud. FRFR by definition is FULL RANGE/FLAT RESPONSE, and very few if any of these even come close. I do however have a REAL version of some of these type speaker cabs that I've had for many years now and they are pretty much recognized as one of 'THE' standard benchmarks for TRUE "FRFR", they are in fact large, heavy, and rather expensive...BUT IMO they still stand today as the GOLD standard of what true FRFR truly is. I'am referring to Klipsch's La Scala model speakers (I personally have four). Ya they're big, heavy, and at $3000.00 dollars each they ain't cheap, but as the old saying goes 'you get what you pay for'.

So I guess what I'm trying to say here is don't even think you can pay for a sows ear and hope to come close to getting a silk purse.

YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!
I'm not quite sure what the lecture is for.

I'm glad you can afford Klipsch speakers... Most people can't. Most people don't even know what they are... And if they do, they know they are completely impractical for use with a band / performance scenario.

I mentioned the coaxial thing because it can have an effect on the high frequency dispersion.

I'm not quite sure what the lecture is for.
Not at all a lecture, I'm just saying it appears to me those AccuGroove folks are trying to bring the guitar playing community kicking and screaming into the 21st century, where high quality speakers/cabs are finally recognized as being every bit as important as the rest of the signal chain, and should not be skimped on. I heartily support their effort and wish them all the best.

Last edited:
Not at all a lecture, I'm just saying it appears to me those AccuGroove folks are trying to bring the guitar playing community kicking and screaming into the 21st century, where high quality speakers/cabs are finally recognized as being every bit as important as the rest of the signal chain, and should not be skimped on.
Ok... I guess that was lost by me in reading what you wrote :confused:

As I said in my first post, we compared 4 different options... They all sounded a little different but the also all sounded great.

Eesh... Someone's trying to justify their very expensive speakers.
Just a quick frequency response comparison between the Atomic CLR and the La Scala, La Scala is actually worse with a +-4db compared to the clr 2.5db.

As for the OP, I haven't found many users or review of accugroove, but I know the accugroove owner is on this forum. He could give you some insight.

Just a quick frequency response comparison between the Atomic CLR and the La Scala, La Scala is actually worse with a +-4db compared to the clr 2.5db.

As for the OP, I haven't found many users or review of accugroove, but I know the accugroove owner is on this forum. He could give you some insight.
I haven't seen @coopdeville post here in a long time... Maybe a couple years.

No justification needed or intended, La Scala's are just great cabs. As for comparing them with CLR's that's just laughable and I have no idea what the number's your 'quoting' are supposed to stand for.

As for comparing them with CLR's that's just laughable and I have no idea what the number's your 'quoting' are supposed to stand for.
Those numbers are the single most important spec when evaluating FRFR performance. Why is such a comparison laughable?

I am looking at these for he first time, they seem very nice from the website, the idea of 3or 4 way speakers in a FRFR setup seems to make sense. looks like they have no dealer network yet, and I don't see prices on their site. (I'm not in the market, just curious)

I am looking at these for he first time, they seem very nice from the website, the idea of 3or 4 way speakers in a FRFR setup seems to make sense. looks like they have no dealer network yet, and I don't see prices on their site. (I'm not in the market, just curious)
Similar to Xitone, I think they are a small operation that only sells direct.

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/accugroove-latte-looking-for-opinions.123342/#post-1489721

My thoughts on the AccuGroove Latte. The more I play through it the more I like it. As I continue to dial in my presets for the cab the low end on the Xitone is a little muddy. IMO is related to the LTA speaker. The CLR handles the presets fine but they sound better on the AccuGroove. All three are very good; however, they all need their own presets to sound their best. I still think the CLR has the best dispersion of the three.

While the AccuGroove is really light, it is a bit bulky. I would really like to try the Demitasse. If it sounded as good as the Latte and could had good bass, I think it would be the ultimate grab and go FRFR.

Those numbers are the single most important spec when evaluating FRFR performance.
Exactly what 'SPEC' are you referring to? His statement makes no sense!

"Just a quick frequency response comparison between the Atomic CLR and the La Scala, La Scala is actually worse with a +-4db compared to the clr 2.5db."

This statement say's what? +-4db compared to 2.5 db..........as refers to frequency response. Are you guys speaking a different language then me, because I don't have a clue what your talking about.

"Just a quick frequency response comparison between the Atomic CLR and the La Scala, La Scala is actually worse with a +-4db compared to the clr 2.5db."

This statement say's what? +-4db compared to 2.5 db..........as refers to frequency response. Are you guys speaking a different language then me, because I don't have a clue what your talking about.

Open up the specs on la scala.
In the frequency response, it says 51hz - 17khz +-4db. The +-4db means the flatness of the response can vary up to 4db at different frequencies which is far from flat.

The CLR can vary up to 2.5db, which is less than la scala.

La scala look like nice home stereo speakers, but they don't seem to be designed for FRFR guitars. Different uses.

Here is my $.02 I have an AccuGroove Latte (12" 3 way) powered speaker. I have had it about 4 months now. I don't have a CLR to draw comparisons but I do have a Matrix FR12 and a Yamaha DXR10.

My very first impressions (before tweaking any of my existing presets, just cracked it out of the box and plugged it in) were that I found the cabinet a little thin on the bottom end on dirty sounds but very nicely balanced on Fender-ish cleans. I ran preprogrammed material through the cab and its was indeed well balanced - there was bottom end but it was not overbearing. I believe my first impressions were due to the fact that the cabinet is flat response and I just was not used to hearing a cabinet that flat. A few eq tweaks and some cab cut adjustments (on only some presets) was all I needed to get it sounding 'right' to my ear preferences.

In comparison to what I have I find the Matrix to be much more mid focused. The Yamaha tends to lean more to the top end when being pushed harder. Both are great cabinets and I use them in certain situations.

As for the AccuGroove - I find this cabinet holds a nice well behaved focus when being pushed in a band situation. Plenty loud but doesn't intrude on bass player frequency and stays smooth on the top end. Cuts in the mix very well for me (2 guitar, bass, drums). It is also very responsive to eq tweaks. I seem to hear the nuances of the simulations better with this cab.

The company was great to deal with. They were very helpful (and patient) with all my questions pre and post sale. As mentioned above it is a little bulky in size but it is very light (somewhere about 32 or 33 lbs). Not any problem for me to move about and I'm a 59 year old teenager with a bad back. I do not regret this purchase at all.

My one regret is that I think my Fractal gear would sound great with two of them... I just will have to wait for the Cdn $ to recover a little more before I order a second one, but I fully intend to order another.

These were some special prices they sent me.It was a limited time offer.
Discount Discount

Supremo. $1999 (Reg. $2499) Self-Powered $2673 (Reg. $3341)

Venti $1199 (Reg. $1499) Self-Powered $1668 (Reg. $2085)

Latte $959 (Reg. $1199) Self-Powered $1455 (Reg. $1819)

Espresso $930 (Reg. $1162) Self-Powered $1399 (Reg. $1749)

Demitasse $949 (Reg. $1176) Self-Powered $1418 (Reg. $1773)

Ristretto $949 (Reg. $1176) Self-Powered $1418 (Reg. $1773)

Options:

Vintage Tweed $199

Padded Custom Cover $99

Tilt Foot $24

Pole Mount $24
These prices were because they have no dealer in upstate NewYork.

@acidfrost summed it up pretty well. The spec being referred to is the frequency response. The +/- number measures the flatness of the response; the smaller the number, the flatter the response. Looking at the specs, the CLR has significantly flatter response than the Klipsch.

Back
Top Bottom