Accessories on stage

slinky005

Power User
Not a common topic on this forum but important to me nonetheless.
My corporate band is going for the "clean" stage look and wants next to nothing onstage other than the instruments (musicians are optional).
I have a bunch of stuff that I need access to - my Ebow, Capo, picks etc.
Where do y'all keep this stuff other than on top of your amp (we're all IEM so that's not possible) that is easily accessible?
My Axe is angled on a quick lock so that's out as well.
I have cheap foldable ikea black table but I've been told to even eliminate that.

Sounds like you need a utility belt.

batman-utility-belt1.jpg

Stuff it in your pants. The girls will love you for it at the beginning of the night and by the end of the show, they'll be too drunk to notice?

Picks can go on a mic stand via several methods, or in your pocket. Capo depends on the style you have. I have a rolling capo that can be rolled over the nut when not in use. Might customize your strap for the eBow.

Ahhh... to heck with it. Get the fanny pack. Make sure it's florescent orange. They may chill out their rules.

Can you mount a small box onto your mic stand to hide the stuff in?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0002...ccessories&dpPl=1&dpID=31UuL4H4QLL&ref=plSrch

A warning on this item : it is super HEAVY! I mounted it on a music stand and watched in horror as it fell off careening toward my MFC.

You may have better luck, but I returned it. Almost too heavy to be mounted safely for feet and foot pedals, unless you have a very sturdy mount point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe a small holder on your pedalboard or next to your MFC? Or get that mic stand mount, and attach it to your quick lock stand.

Dunlop pick holder also comes with a slide holder. Maybe get one of those drink holders and affix some stuff there. Or work out some kind of strap to affix stuff to. Dean DeLeo has a strap with 3 slides on it for Big empty and just tosses them when he's done with each of the 3 parts.

Another option would be to have a music stand layed flat, behind a stage scrim or off the side of the stage behind the mains.

Hmm..I'm leaning toward the Batman Utility Belt.
Looks like this is not a something people spend too much time worrying about.
Thx for the replies.

The guitar strap makes the most sense for everything you have mentioned. Velcroing the ebow is a great idea... I have a leather guitar strap and I have slits cut in to it to stash a few picks, that also works very well. You could probably come up with some way to hold the slide on the strap. The Capo goes at the end of the headstock... done!

Musicians friend sells an attachment that clamps onto the mic stand. It's just a small tray that holds exactly the kind of stuff that you're looking to hold. I've been using one for years and it works great. It's very unobtrusive.

Musicians friend sells an attachment that clamps onto the mic stand. It's just a small tray that holds exactly the kind of stuff that you're looking to hold. I've been using one for years and it works great. It's very unobtrusive.

Thx alot man.
That's the answer I've been looking for.
What's it called?

Back
Top Bottom