• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Accessing Bank D on the XL with MFC-101 MK1

javajunkie

The MFC-101 stores 384 presets. The Axe-Fx II Mark I/II also store 384 presets. The XL stores 512 presets and maybe someday 1024. Many MIDI controllers only store 128 presets. There is no correlation between the number of presets on a MIDI controller and the device being controlled. This is not a bug, mistake or deception.
Exactly.

ocaptainjr2

Experienced
Thank you for the explanation. I guess I'll move the factory presets to Banks B, C & D and use Bank A for my presets that are currently in Bank D (384+).

Sent from Moto X

musicman77

Inspired
Thank you for the explanation. I guess I'll move the factory presets to Banks B, C & D and use Bank A for my presets that are currently in Bank D (384+).

Sent from Moto X
This is exactly what I've done; all of my gigging presets (approx 30) are in Bank A and have plenty of room for building new ones.

lauries2

In the past the 384 presets in the MFC corresponded exactly to the 384 presets in the machine. This one-to-one correlation no longer exists. OK. Accepted.

I wasted a lot of time trying to figure out what went wrong hence my frustrated initial post.

So here's the current situation: "The MFC can control 384 presets which is less than the number of presets in the XL. If you set the XL to a preset above 384 it will put the MFC into an undefined state where nothing can be controlled - this is not a fault".

In the thread it states a firmware update is coming. "...an update will be forthcoming that makes access Bank D on the Axe-fx II XL possible..." Is it available yet? If it isn't available, when will it be?

Thank you.

Last edited:

ocaptainjr2

Experienced

musicman77

Inspired
How did you send Bank D to Bank A? I tried with Fractal-Bot, but it sees my Bank D backup as a System Backup and won't let me select where I want to send the presets. I have started a thread in the Fractal-Bot section for assistance.

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/fract...bank-d-backups-system-backup.html#post1035842
I moved all of bank A's presents individually to 385-512. You can also try downloading the banks from the Support Page and send Bank A to Axe-FX XL Bank D via Fractal Bot.

ocaptainjr2

Experienced
I have the banks, but I was hoping to avoid having to manually/individually move all 'my' presets from Bank D to A.

I was hoping Fractal-Bot would automate the process, but it doesn't appear to support doing anything with the backups it makes of Bank D, which seems odd.

Sent from Moto X

YaKostia

I read the whole topic, but did not understand. Can I manage all the 512 XL's presets using MFC-101 m3? Now my MFC comes to 384 presets

bwanagary

Administrator
I hope I am missing something obvious, but I am unable to access preset in Bank D on my Axe-fx II XL via the MFC-101 MK1. Everything is working great up until preset 383, but I can't select anything higher than than. If I select a preset higher than that using the front panel, the MFC will display the preset and the name, but I can't enable/disable any effects and if I try to change presets, it does nothing but stay on the preset I selected from the front panel.

I have updated the firmware, selected XL as the model and checked to see if it was an issue with the bank/song limit but it will not let me change to any value higher than 77. Any ideas?
You can map any one of the 384 MFC-101 presets to any Axe-Fx XL preset using the Axe-Fx Preset Tx Map feature. I can't access my MFC-101 manual right now but you'll find it on the "INT. CC & CHANGE MAPS" page of the MFC-Edit program. This way you could map your MFC-101 preset number 219 to Axe-Fx XL preset number 750 for example.

Last edited:

YaKostia

The MFC-101 stores 384 presets. The Axe-Fx II Mark I/II also store 384 presets. The XL stores 512 presets and maybe someday 1024. Many MIDI controllers only store 128 presets. There is no correlation between the number of presets on a MIDI controller and the device being controlled. This is not a bug, mistake or deception.
Does this mean that I can't control the presets 385-768 using MFC-101?

bwanagary

Administrator
Does this mean that I can't control the presets 385-768 using MFC-101?
You can select and control all preset numbers in the XL.

Please see the "INT. CC & CHANGE MAPS" page of the MFC-Edit program or section 12.4.3 of the MFC-101 Owner's manual. Specifically the "Axe-Fx Preset Transmit Map" and 12.1.2.

YaKostia

You can select and control all preset numbers in the XL.

Please see the "INT. CC & CHANGE MAPS" page of the MFC-Edit program or section 12.4.3 of the MFC-101 Owner's manual. Specifically the "Axe-Fx Preset Transmit Map" and 12.1.2.
please tell me step by step what I need to do in each of the devices (Axe and MFC) to switch presets from 1 to 768. Sorry for my noob question

chris

Legend!
you have access to 384 presets with the MFC. so you cannot switch from 1 to 768 with the mfc.

the easiest thing to do is move the presets you want to use to preset slots 0-383 (or 1-384 if you have offset on). using axe-manage in axe-edit is the easiest way.

bwanagary

Administrator
please tell me step by step what I need to do in each of the devices (Axe and MFC) to switch presets from 1 to 768. Sorry for my noob question
Step 1. Read the manual, sections 12.1.2 and 12.4.3

You can address any 384 of the total 768 Axe-Fx presets at any time. You can access any of the 768 XL presets, but only 384 of them from MFC-101. I don't know how else to say this.

Pedro Duarte

Just bumped on the same thing. Maybe it's a fault in the way of thinking. Saving to an empty preset was the first thing I thought after finding a preset that sounds very good for my current work, I wanted to use different scenes and shunt a few effects to free up cpu for Amp2. The first empty preset is in Bank D. In my naif thought, I'dd select Bank D as a user default bank on the MFC. Just have to adapt the way of thinking.

Top Bottom