Access presets above 383?

DigiSage

Pardon the noob question, but is there any way to make the MFC-101 let me access presets above preset #383? That is where the empty presets begin on my AxeFX II XL, so that is where I'm putting my own custom presets, leaving the stock ones untouched. However this means I can't access my custom presets from the MFC-101, I have to get to it manually on the Axe front panel, or via Axe-Edit / FracPad.

Thanks!

Nope. Just move the factory preset banks up and leave a bank (or two or three) for your own presets… You can download the factory presets from the fractal site and then use fractal bot to transfer the bank files to a different bank.

So does the MFC only access the first 383 presets? I had the same question as DigiSage. If I moved the factory presets to beyond 383 would I lose access to them from the MFC? I thought the MFC could get to any and all the pres stored in the AxeFx?!?!

The MFC can only address 3 banks of 128 presets. You can use bank mapping to pick which of the three banks you're accessing, but you can't access more than 3 banks of 384 presets without fiddling with bank mapping settings on the Axe-Fx II itself.

The MFC can only address 3 banks of 128 presets. You can use bank mapping to pick which of the three banks you're accessing, but you can't access more than 3 banks of 384 presets without fiddling with bank mapping settings on the Axe-Fx II itself.
I see. So without having to fuss with bank mapping on the axe, does the MFC allow to the user to pick which banks it can pull presets from? Example: my custom presets start at preset #400, so is it possible to program MFC to access just that bank or even bank A,B, and E ?

Thanks guys! I'm just trying to study for my MFC test as I have recently decided, after long consideration of other controllers, to go with the MFC 101 as my controller and I just want to be prepared.
Does MFC edit allow me to assign the bottom 5 button row (default for preset selection) to set as scene select 1-5? I'm assuming it serves the same function as axe edit?

Thanks guys! I'm just trying to study for my MFC test as I have recently decided, after long consideration of other controllers, to go with the MFC 101 as my controller and I just want to be prepared.
Does MFC edit allow me to assign the bottom 5 button row (default for preset selection) to set as scene select 1-5? I'm assuming it serves the same function as axe edit?
You can certainly assign the bottom 5 button row to be your scene 1-5, HOWEVER, all you have to do is hit "reveal" button and it's doing that.. Meaning, buy default in preset-mode bottom 1-5 are presets, AND if you hit "reveal" top right button, they immediately are your Scenes 1-5.. you then can use bank up to the right to go to your next preset, and they bottom row stays as the Scenes 1-5 for the next preset, etc... Rock-On...

You can certainly assign the bottom 5 button row to be your scene 1-5, HOWEVER, all you have to do is hit "reveal" button and it's doing that.. Meaning, buy default in preset-mode bottom 1-5 are presets, AND if you hit "reveal" top right button, they immediately are your Scenes 1-5.. you then can use bank up to the right to go to your next preset, and they bottom row stays as the Scenes 1-5 for the next preset, etc... Rock-On...
Sweet! Thx for the info!

Back
Top Bottom