Accept guitar tone

Hi guys!

Accept just released new song and it's guitar tone sound so freaking awesome! I tried to match it early today but i have a problem and i would like get some advice

So.. I can match the EQ curve pretty close but i am missing that high frequency gain or sustain which this tone have a lot. I tried to boost 5150 with several drives but none of them gives that high freq boost. How can i get it?

I know it's kinda pointless to match one guitar tone so hard since two tones can never be the same but i just want to get that hi-boost so i can use it on my "own" tones also

Hi guys!

Accept just released new song and it's guitar tone sound so freaking awesome! I tried to match it early today but i have a problem and i would like get some advice

So.. I can match the EQ curve pretty close but i am missing that high frequency gain or sustain which this tone have a lot. I tried to boost 5150 with several drives but none of them gives that high freq boost. How can i get it?

I know it's kinda pointless to match one guitar tone so hard since two tones can never be the same but i just want to get that hi-boost so i can use it on my "own" tones also

They used a Kemper on the album before this one entitled Blind Rage.

My understanding is that they *record* with amps. And then profile them for touring:

https://www.wolfhoffmann.com/in-the-studio-gear

Not seeing much KPA there. Modded Marshall, Wizard, 5153, etc...

Accept is well known as a big KPA user for live. The KPA is super convenient for these big , heavy touring bands, I am sure. While recording you shoot profiles as needed and take them on the road for great, album correct, FOH/FRFR tones, but as a blank slate that needs a profile, it does not make much sense for recording new material unless you want the exact same tone as the previous album.

Last edited:
Here is Wolf from a Guitar World interview.

Here’s a little-known secret: I recorded the whole album with a Kemper Profiling Amplifier [which provides a range of emulations and lets players create a sonic profile of their own amp]. I came across it a year ago, and when we started working on the album, we really put it to the test. We had my regular setup, and we fed everything into the Kemper. We A/B’d the sounds, and they were identical. It’s the same sound, just coming out of a different box.

So I used my handful of old Marshall, Randall and EVH amps, along with my main Wizard amp, and we fed them all into the Kemper amp. Then we used the Kemper to fire them back. When Stalingrad first came out, I didn’t tell anyone that I used a Kemper, because you know how people are. They’d be like, “Oh, I can hear that it’s not a real Marshall.” But now that the album is out and people like the tone, I’m telling everyone about the Kemper.

Back
Top Bottom