Accept Balls To The Wall

you nail it almost perfectly: I found it a little on the treble side, the original is a bit more dark. Just a small eq and that's it.
I love this song and some Accept, so really like to have your patch, if you could share it . Thanks

What I like is, that you can hear the pick hitting the strings. A fat tone with attitude.

First Axe-FX recording. Please be kind..... LOL..... Heard a recent recording of this song over on The Gear Page and I was wondering how the Axe would sound so I gave it a try.
Amp: Brit JVM OD1
CAB: 4x12 Basketweave TV 57

https://soundcloud.com/stringmachine/ballstothewall

Awesome. Accept was the first tour I saw in 1984 opening for KISS.

Here's a quick tone match I did of the song, and a quick sample recording. Let me know how the patch sounds.
In my patch, I have a pitch block raising the pitch +25 cents since the original recording sounds slightly sharp to me.
I did the tone match on a Fender Blacktop Strat with Bareknuckle Holy Diver pickup.

Enjoy!

Dave Z

Attachments

• Accept Balls TM DZ.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 44
Thanks for the responses. Yes, I noticed a little bit too much treble when listening back through my headset. I originally played it using my Yamaha HS80 monitors. The patch was pretty much the stock #43 preset. I dropped the gain and bass and added a bit of mids.
Dave, that sounds good. I am going to checkout the tone match. I haven't messed with that yet.

that sounds great...i remember that song...and remember Udo looked like someone's grandpa trying to be a bad*ss....i laugh every time i hear that song!

always loved that song
ok will try this on the JVm
by "CAB: 4x12 Basketweave TV 57" you mean adding a SM57 on the Mix TV ?

Fantastic..only true metal as far as im concerned.All bands of that era and before.Saw accept with krokus back in the 80sGreat tones and great music...

Fast as a Shark! Yes, that is a great song. I will see if I can find a backing track for it. I saw these guys live back in the 80's as well. Wolf Hoffman and Gerhard Wahl with the twin guitar attack. :)

Back
Top Bottom