Ac30 tb: too much high end in Q 8.01?

fisioaura

Inspired
Hey Guys whith a strat and bass:6,mid:5, treb:3 I feel to treebly this model. I like those highs but I can't get the body...If I turn Up the bass more then LP's are very muddy..Anyone else? Thanks

If you can't find what you are looking for in Ac30, change the amp model.
If you have a real Ac30 and that's not how it sounds at all, maybe that's a bug?...

Obviously...Just ask because I think I never saw this behavior in this model before.. and like I said I like those highs but miss some "body"... What in Spain is named as "la molla".

Cut the highs as Yek suggested. Also, what type of guitar are you using? You may be using a guitar that just does not produce the kind of sound you are looking for.

That's why it's a top boost (TB)....Use Hi Cut to ... errrrr ... cut the highs.
http://wiki.fractalaudio.com/axefx2..._models#CLASS-A_30W_.28based_on_Vox_AC30HW.29

Exactly.

...with a strat and bass:6,mid:5, treb:3 I feel too trebly this model. I like those highs but I can't get the body...If I turn Up the bass more then LP's are very muddy..Anyone else? Thanks

FAS AC30TB model is like the real deal. Actual EL84 amps with similar architecture I've ever played, (AC30TB, Matchless DC30, Laney VC30) the High Cut is the ticket to not having the treble take your head off at high volume. Also, roll that bass off, and don't scoop the mids. Try Bass 4 Mid 6.5 and Treble 7 with the high cut at 5 as a starting point. Try some different cabinets. You may also want to turn on the proximity on the cabinet, and use the depth to contour the bass response. I can't imagine you wouldn't need different presets for each guitar or pickup type.

I also find that to get more of a driven sound I raise the treble higher and then increase the high cut as well. That tends to work for a more gain or driven sound than increasing the drive. Hard to explain....

I also find that to get more of a driven sound I raise the treble higher and then increase the high cut as well. That tends to work for a more gain or driven sound than increasing the drive. Hard to explain....

Distortion lives in the upper frequencies, mainly. Treble boosters became popular because they added distortion. Plexis, Vox, Mesa, etc. ... turn up treble (or Bright) for more distortion.

If you have a 50's style pickup or non-blues type strat pickup (thinner midrange) you'll need to use high cut or combine that with less treble.

You can get non-mud mid boost by boosting around 1k in amp GEQ, or 700hz depending on GEQ you choose.

Or you can put a drive pedal in front, reduce the actual drive and use it like mid boost and high end cut. Many options available there.

Or you can put in PEQ and get very specific with your cut and boost.

Or you can put an optical compressor in front of the amp and I believe use emphasis to emphasize upper mids, but I haven't tried that one yet.

There's a lot of available tools beyond bass mid treble

Back
Top Bottom