AC/DC, R.I.P?

He already announced his planned retirement a few months ago.

At this stage, my personal opinion is they should hang it up.

I think Angus has earned some slack.

Let him go as long as he wants. He deserves it.
Oh, I don't really care... as stated in my original reply it is only my personal opinion.

Who knows... Foreigner has been going pretty well with only Mick Jones as the surviving original member. But Kelly Hansen does a great job on the vocals.

Who
knows... Foreigner has been going pretty well with only Mick Jones as the surviving original member. But Kelly Hansen does a great job on the vocals.
From what I hear, thete are some Foreigner gigs that Mick Jones does not even do and instead a good fill in takes his place. That's a pretty nice gig playing just the shows you want to play and still earning on the other gigs you don't show up to play.

Exactly.
Angus gona end-up as a one man show :)

Wasn't that always the case, Angus seems to be the driving force/energy behind the band.
If you see him live and the others at the same time, it's obvious for me.

I don't think that money plays a huge role for them anymore, Angus lives for his live performances i guess, even age cannot stop him :)

Saw them with Axl a few weeks ago & they were great. Angus is a force of nature. He played & ran around for 2.5 hours straight non stop. Axl sounded very good & is responsible for the setlist being mostly Bon Scott era songs.

Angus + Axl at some point will record new tunes & go forward with selling out arenas. Angus has earned the right to do whatever he wants........nobody can question his passion & love of playing.

Saw them with Axl a few weeks ago & they were great. Angus is a force of nature. He played & ran around for 2.5 hours straight non stop. Axl sounded very good & is responsible for the setlist being mostly Bon Scott era songs.

Angus + Axl at some point will record new tunes & go forward with selling out arenas. Angus has earned the right to do whatever he wants........nobody can question his passion & love of playing

I must say I totally agree, this lil guy….wow, what the Fxxx does he take before every show….
I guess Cliff is simply tired of the road and Angus, the addition of Axle didn’t do him too good and probably he wanted to be a ok with the band and simply finish the tour.
I have a buddy who saw the show @ Philadelphia few days ago, he told me Axel was doing excellent job and this comes from a Bon Scot addict.
Anyway, I’m really happy I had the chance to see them with Brian, it’s not the same after he walked away.
Shame things have turned out this way.
But on the other hand I’m sure Angus is doing what he does just for the music and not $$$.

Saw them with Bon back in the day, and with Brian shortly after he joined. Different bands, really, but Angus was always the show. Great run for any band, I think I'd be ready for some time off too!

Back
Top Bottom