AC/DC Back in Black

paulmapp8306

Fractal Fanatic
Played on my PRS CU loaded with Bare Knuckle Mules - so hasn't quite got the bite of an SG.

Only learned this today (I knew the intro riff before0 so the solos are definitely improvised lol.

The Rhythm bits playing under the solo (and outro) were on the backing track i used - so its a slightly different tone and level, but I think I got it matched OK.

The Amp is the Atomica Low - which Axe-Edit doesn't recognise yet. ive uploaded the Patch to Axe-change BUT it will have the Bassman sims (on both amp X and Y) which you will have to change manually.

I added a little extra gain for the mid solo (via the X/Y) to fatten it up a little but actually listening back (especially to the outro) I dont think it needed it - Still.

Comments more than welcome :)

PATCH: Axe-Change - Download Preset - ATOMICA - by paulmapp8306

Dig it.

I like your tone better (it's darker, with more body) than the iconic originals which frankly sound thin as hell because of how they were mixed/mastered. Your tone has more body, more character... and won't fry your ears at +125db aimed at your head. LOL.

I love the new Atomica model. The Low and the High are creeping into more and more of my live sets as I go.

Played on my PRS CU loaded with Bare Knuckle Mules - so hasn't quite got the bite of an SG.

Only learned this today (I knew the intro riff before0 so the solos are definitely improvised lol.

The Rhythm bits playing under the solo (and outro) were on the backing track i used - so its a slightly different tone and level, but I think I got it matched OK.

The Amp is the Atomica Low - which Axe-Edit doesn't recognise yet. ive uploaded the Patch to Axe-change BUT it will have the Bassman sims (on both amp X and Y) which you will have to change manually.

I added a little extra gain for the mid solo (via the X/Y) to fatten it up a little but actually listening back (especially to the outro) I dont think it needed it - Still.

Comments more than welcome :)

PATCH: Axe-Change - Download Preset - ATOMICA - by paulmapp8306

I love your tone but i couldnt use your patch because i dont know how i can change the bassman sims.

I loaded and installed your preset with axe manager but i couldnt do the rest.

Im new so need your help. Thank you.

lol. Just go to the amp block, and change the type from Bassman to Atomica Low. You have to do it from the AFX front panel at present.

Dont forget to change both X and Y amps. I used them both. X is higher Gain (used fr the solo), Y is lower for the rhythm.

Last edited:
lol. Just go to the amp block, and change the type from Bassman to Atomica Low. You have to do it from the AFX front panel at present.

Dont forget to change both X and Y amps. I used them both. X is higher Gain (used fr the solo), Y is lower for the rhythm.

I dont see anything on my amp list called atomica low.

Maybe it is Cameron ch 1?

no - Atomica. You wont see it in ExeEdit - thats not been updated since the Atomica was added.

You need to be on FW 8 or over, and its the 3rd from the end (farthest right). the las amp is Delux Tweed, next to last is Atomica high,, then Atomica Low.

If you havent got that yet - update your FW. You could try the Cameron Low - its not far away, but its a little less open, and a little less bitey than the Atomica.

nice, and its crazy I can sweep pick play ingwie but cant do that damn little riff after the first few chords!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom