AC-20 Match

FractalAudio

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
A customer asked me if I could match a certain vaunted profile from another product.

Here it is. There are four scenes: the first is the match, the next three are using cabs with 1x12, 2x12 and 4x12. I like the 2x12 the best, even better than the match.

Attachments

• AC-20 Match.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 235
Nice!

Just a note: if you try this preset and get no sound, go to the Tone Match block and remove the modifier from the REFERENCE SOLO parameter.

Agreed that the 2x12 sounds best. I lowered the MID band in the amp's graphic EQ a bit after selecting it.

Last edited:
A customer asked me if I could match a certain vaunted profile from another product.

Here it is. There are four scenes: the first is the match, the next three are using cabs with 1x12, 2x12 and 4x12. I like the 2x12 the best, even better than the match.
I've never had my hands on that other product and I have no reason to doubt the absolutely accuracy of that tone match. Is this really what people think sounds great? Even in context I was wincing. That 2x12 scene is sweet though. I could make use of that scene, live.

Sounds badass!!!! Scene 3 is my favorite!!

I havent tried this yet, but as an ex-KPA user, I'll go out on a limb and say that this is from the "rmpacheco" AC20 profile on rig Exchange - a lot of Kemperites - not me I should add - consider this one of, if not the best KPA profiles [of its type].

From memory it had an EQ Slot in front with a massive mid-boost .... I never understood the vibe with this profile ... but horses for courses as they say :)

Ben

If you take requests, I know there are a ton of guys on the Fractal audio for worship guitarists facebook page that would LOVE to have a DC30 'profile' with the channels jumped. :D

I havent tried this yet, but as an ex-KPA user, I'll go out on a limb and say that this is from the "rmpacheco" AC20 profile on rig Exchange - a lot of Kemperites - not me I should add - consider this one of, if not the best KPA profiles [of its type].

From memory it had an EQ Slot in front with a massive mid-boost .... I never understood the vibe with this profile ... but horses for courses as they say :)

Ben
Actually the boost is up around 2kHz. I think it was dialed in w/ humbuckers. With single coils it's too harsh.

Hehe... I'm super curious how it sounds compared to the one I made last year for the AX8 but I don't have access to the AxeFX III.

Can somebody download both and give 'em a whirl?

Attachments

• Morgan AC-20 (BV).syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 13
Back
Top Bottom