Absolutely blown away

wpleary

I got my Axe-FX III late yesterday and only made it through the first 150 or so presets. Mind-blown! They just seemed to keep getting better. I am primarily interested in recording, and since I live in an apartment, cannot be loud. Over the last year or so I've used my Katana's direct out, AmpliTube, BIAS FX and AMP, and no matter what, was not completely happy with the tones, no matter I did with EQ. I signed up for the Axe a couple months back, but after not hearing anything back after about 6 weeks I ordered a Kemper toaster, since everyone says it's the bees-knees on YouTube. Then, after having the Kemper about a week, I got confirmation that the Axe was finally available for order. I deliberated a couple days, then pulled the trigger. (Part of the motivation was frustration with the Kemper, as it has the worst software I've ever used. Kemper Rig Manager is a buggy piece of crap.)

My first impression was how intuitive it was. Without looking at the manual, I was able to easily figure out how to navigate through the presets and scenes. Right off the bat heard many, many tones I absolutely know I will want to use. Then, when I started getting into the crazy effects presets, I realized how much this could feed my creativity and songwriting. Then after diving into the manual, I got even more excited. Tone matching? USB w/8 input/output?! Auto-switching between front and rear input?! Multiple instruments plugged in at same time?! This thing is a beast. I haven't even started to use the Axe Edit software yet, which is what I plan to mainly use.

I'm about 90% sure that this machine is going to result in me sellings tons of other equipment. I'm just dying to play it as I type this. What really jumped out to me was that so many of the tones sounded like they are prepped out of the box to sit well in the mix. Can't wait to redo a lot of my recordings (made with the above products, plus Focusrite DI box and Reaper) using just the Axe-Fx III.

The only thing I need now is to get a foot controller and a nice stand for it...ideally portable. I have it just sitting on a desk now and access to the controls not ideal. I saw a YouTube video where a guy had it on a tripod, and searched for it online, but haven't seen anything like that. Any tips for what others have used is very welcome. Would like it to be something super lightweight, portable, and ideally can angle it up so easy to see/manipulate when standing.

Thanks Larz! I see one on Amazon that I think I like. The Griffin rack mount rolling stand looks like what I'm after. Thanks!

Congratulations! I can't really help with anything useful here. Get used to owning a product that is constantly updated and improved on a near-weekly basis. It's like Christmas here every Friday.

Thanks @biskitboy. Yeah, I was reading about how often they keep improving and updating it. Nice change of pace vs companies that intentionally don't support things and always want you buying the latest.

Got mine as well!!! I was tired of waiting for the FM3 as I only signed the waiting list in April.
i am really surprised how easy and intuitive the handling of the software on the machine itself is. Bought a 3 U rack-case and it fits perfect.
for me it sounds great with a active pa speaker I already own (Yamaha MS300). Even though they are not brand new 😜! Still have to try it with the second speaker for a kind of stereo.
Like u I'm afraid I have not much more use of my great tube amps.... still have to check it out properly, was not able test it.... I had to play! Have fun with this great crazy piece of magic as I will!

I got my Axe-FX III late yesterday and only made it through the first 150 or so presets. Mind-blown! They just seemed to keep getting better. I am primarily interested in recording, and since I live in an apartment, cannot be loud. Over the last year or so I've used my Katana's direct out, AmpliTube, BIAS FX and AMP, and no matter what, was not completely happy with the tones, no matter I did with EQ. I signed up for the Axe a couple months back, but after not hearing anything back after about 6 weeks I ordered a Kemper toaster, since everyone says it's the bees-knees on YouTube. Then, after having the Kemper about a week, I got confirmation that the Axe was finally available for order. I deliberated a couple days, then pulled the trigger. (Part of the motivation was frustration with the Kemper, as it has the worst software I've ever used. Kemper Rig Manager is a buggy piece of crap.)

My first impression was how intuitive it was. Without looking at the manual, I was able to easily figure out how to navigate through the presets and scenes. Right off the bat heard many, many tones I absolutely know I will want to use. Then, when I started getting into the crazy effects presets, I realized how much this could feed my creativity and songwriting. Then after diving into the manual, I got even more excited. Tone matching? USB w/8 input/output?! Auto-switching between front and rear input?! Multiple instruments plugged in at same time?! This thing is a beast. I haven't even started to use the Axe Edit software yet, which is what I plan to mainly use.

I'm about 90% sure that this machine is going to result in me sellings tons of other equipment. I'm just dying to play it as I type this. What really jumped out to me was that so many of the tones sounded like they are prepped out of the box to sit well in the mix. Can't wait to redo a lot of my recordings (made with the above products, plus Focusrite DI box and Reaper) using just the Axe-Fx III.

The only thing I need now is to get a foot controller and a nice stand for it...ideally portable. I have it just sitting on a desk now and access to the controls not ideal. I saw a YouTube video where a guy had it on a tripod, and searched for it online, but haven't seen anything like that. Any tips for what others have used is very welcome. Would like it to be something super lightweight, portable, and ideally can angle it up so easy to see/manipulate when standing.

Check out Casesmith Customs.

Attachments

• 20200625_154343.jpg
    20200625_154343.jpg
    6.3 MB · Views: 73
Back
Top Bottom