About to get a second Axe FX II

pauly

Fractal Fanatic
G'day All,

I'm about to get a second Axe FX II - I'll get the XL - Does anyone have an idea when they'll be available in Australia?

Thanks
Pauly

No idea dude. Ordered one in Feb and was told 2 to 3 weeks. Its still not arrived, but that apparently has something to do with the XL+ rolling out. Based on an update given a few weeks ago the shipment was supposed to have been sent by FAS to Oz last week so I hope to see my unit this week (but not holding my breath). The current shipment has already sold out apparently but hopefully the next shipment will be faster
??

Thanks JJ

You must be a little frustrated atm! :) Hang in there.

Pauly

No idea dude. Ordered one in Feb and was told 2 to 3 weeks. Its still not arrived, but that apparently has something to do with the XL+ rolling out. Based on an update given a few weeks ago the shipment was supposed to have been sent by FAS to Oz last week so I hope to see my unit this week (but not holding my breath). The current shipment has already sold out apparently but hopefully the next shipment will be faster
??

I can live with waiting, but I like to be fore-warned of what to expect. For example, now would be a good time to get an update from Independent Music because we are all expecting something to arrive around this time.

Of course as fate has it I will have zero time to play guitar over the next week and a half because of out of town.

G'day again Jj
fYI, andrew from independent music emailed and told me the shipment of xls coming in on Friday ( that'd be yours yes?) is sold out and that they were going to post on facebook 'soon' about a next round of pre orders.
Sheesh - I need the second one in 4 weeks. Not happy /:-(

Pauly

I can live with waiting, but I like to be fore-warned of what to expect. For example, now would be a good time to get an update from Independent Music because we are all expecting something to arrive around this time.

Of course as fate has it I will have zero time to play guitar over the next week and a half because of out of town.

That really sucks to have to wait this long!!! I'm glad i got mine 2nd hand, I'd never buy one if i have to wait 3 months, that's just taking the piss.

Cliff -
How much to fly one out to the Australian distributor for me, so I can purchase from them??... Surely it wouldn't cost that much .... I'll pay I'll pay!

Thanks
Pauly

Well...Wish I could get a second unit but it'a appears i can't.

I'm very disappointed.. I have a project coming up in weeks that needs a second unit. My local supplier has no Axe FXs in stock, nor can they say when they'll even place an order, let alone have stock.
They won't accept my money, and make a single order for it to be shipped direct from Fractal.
Fractal will sell me one - but not with a (local) warranty, so I can't do that.

I even setup a forwarding address in the States, and asked the local supplier to accept my money, and get Fractal to ship 'their' unit to my forwarding address... Nope - all too hard.

So, between heaps of emails between myself and the local supplier, and myself and Fractal... I just cannot purchase an Axe FX with a Local Warranty.

To be clear - I _can_ have one shipped from the states by Fractal, but _not_ with a local warranty - This means a minimum $300 return trip in shipping if I have a warranty claim and (estimating) at least a month without the unit - It's just too risky and not practical. Imagine if I received the unit and it went pop when I first plug it in!

A tip for Fractal - Look at your international supply methods, and make it easy to purchase an Axe FX. Your competitors are available in a number of shops locally as your units should be.

I'm forced to go to a local shop and buy a Kemper, because they will take my money, and supply me with a warranted unit.

Pauly

Well...Wish I could get a second unit but it'a appears i can't.

I'm very disappointed.. I have a project coming up in weeks that needs a second unit. My local supplier has no Axe FXs in stock, nor can they say when they'll even place an order, let alone have stock.
They won't accept my money, and make a single order for it to be shipped direct from Fractal.
Fractal will sell me one - but not with a (local) warranty, so I can't do that.

I even setup a forwarding address in the States, and asked the local supplier to accept my money, and get Fractal to ship 'their' unit to my forwarding address... Nope - all too hard.

So, between heaps of emails between myself and the local supplier, and myself and Fractal... I just cannot purchase an Axe FX with a Local Warranty.

To be clear - I _can_ have one shipped from the states by Fractal, but _not_ with a local warranty - This means a minimum $300 return trip in shipping if I have a warranty claim and (estimating) at least a month without the unit - It's just too risky and not practical. Imagine if I received the unit and it went pop when I first plug it in!

A tip for Fractal - Look at your international supply methods, and make it easy to purchase an Axe FX. Your competitors are available in a number of shops locally as your units should be.

I'm forced to go to a local shop and buy a Kemper, because they will take my money, and supply me with a warranted unit.

Pauly

I don't know who told you that we would ship you one but without a warranty. We will not ship one period. We do not ship outside US and Canada as that is a violation of our distributor agreements.

Supplies are limited right now. We are making them as fast as possible.

Well I just now received a wire payment notification from Independent Music. That means a shipment must be going out tomorrow. I have no idea what is in that shipment but I would imagine there are some XL+s in there.

Hey Cliff,

Not meaning to be a smarty or anything, but you indicated that supplies are limited above, which made me think supply was an issue? If not - Do they fly or boat downunder?

Thanks
Pauly

Well I just now received a wire payment notification from Independent Music. That means a shipment must be going out tomorrow. I have no idea what is in that shipment but I would imagine there are some XL+s in there.

Did Axe FX II XL+s go to Independent Music?

Thanks
Pauly

Got mine today and it's an XL+.
Ordered it in January with the delay being the change over to the Plus version.
Usually Independent get fairly regular shipments but this time around was just one of those things with the model change.

Well worth the wait I might add.

Looks like I might be getting that second unit.
After many emails back and forth, I'd basically given up and had ordered a Kemper Rack. Then - Andrew from Independent Music called this morning and offered a way for me to get the fractal unit in time. Not there yet - but close. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks
Pauly

Back
Top Bottom