Fixed About the Freezing...

ValentinC

Hi, i hope the developers can use this post for finding the cause of the freeze.
I´m running the latest drives, FM3Edit, FW on a Win10 PC.

• I start the Fm3, everything is ok. I have played for two hours with abosolutely no issue and amazing sound. FM3 is connectd to PC but FM3 is close.
  • I decide to let my family sleep a little while, so i start FM3Edit to do some patches.
  • Within the minute of editing a patch, the FM3Edit seems to not been able of sending instructions to the FM3.
  • I restart the FM3, and everything is ok for a while, then the FM3Edit freezes and the FM3 also freezes (still sound but absolutely no button or switch does anything.

I repeated the above procedure about ten times to make sure it is the right sequence.

I know that this has been posted before, but as i said before, i hope that this sequence can help the developers.
Thanks.

Hi, i hope the developers can use this post for finding the cause of the freeze.
I´m running the latest drives, FM3Edit, FW on a Win10 PC.

• I start the Fm3, everything is ok. I have played for two hours with abosolutely no issue and amazing sound. FM3 is connectd to PC but FM3 is close.
  • I decide to let my family sleep a little while, so i start FM3Edit to do some patches.
  • Within the minute of editing a patch, the FM3Edit seems to not been able of sending instructions to the FM3.
  • I restart the FM3, and everything is ok for a while, then the FM3Edit freezes and the FM3 also freezes (still sound but absolutely no button or switch does anything.

I repeated the above procedure about ten times to make sure it is the right sequence.

I know that this has been posted before, but as i said before, i hope that this sequence can help the developers.
Thanks.
What Firmware Version is your FM3 On ?
Is FM3 Updated to the latest Version?

I still get the white screen every now and then. Starts 2nd time no problem. Still sucks. I have sent it back 2X already.
It is much less frequent with 105 but still there. Just happen again today.
Don't really know what else I can do.

I also communicated with the support team about the freezing. For me it is related to using modifiers on amp parameters. They're on it and I have no doubt this will be fixed.

Reactions: JTI
I experienced my problems with freezing of the FM3 when editing the FC Layout "fast" (clicking a lot of stuff in short time) with FM3-Edit. The FC page appears actually to have the worst performance in FM3-Edit.
Friend of mine (also owning a FM3) experienced the same problem.

FW 1.05

I also communicated with the support team about the freezing. For me it is related to using modifiers on amp parameters. They're on it and I have no doubt this will be fixed.
The small bouts of freezing I have follow this pattern as well. Assign a modifier to input boost; unit and editor hangs. Try making the same assignments on device and they don't work there either. I ended up having to copy the amp channel to another channel, toggle what I wanted to toggle on that new channel and save it as a scene. I gotta say; I am much more of a fan of using modifiers with a single scene than switching from scene to scene with different block settings.

Last edited:
Mine freezes when I use reaper. I can be connected to pc and fm3 edit and everything is ok... but at the moment I open Reaper the tap tempo led shows weird behavior and if I change lot of thing on the fm3 (scenes, presets, fx) I still got sound but no button or switch does anything

Back
Top Bottom