dtpancio

I guess that the CPU Usage indicates the maximum amount of power needed to run all the blocks in a preset but, if I have a preset with many effects blocks and a high usage percentage but all the blocks deactivated, will the cpu be in idle or on high load? Is the CPU load affected only by the activated blocks and or dependant by the input signal?

I just ask this in regard of power consumption and heat.

Thanks

Just literally experienced something that demonstrates the answer to this. I had a 92% CPU temporary preset loaded with just 3 blocks activated and all the others bypassed and then ran some audio via USB into the AxeFX - the audio sounded distorted and the front screen flashed the CPU overload message.

So yes - the displayed total CPU amount of the preset is being used regardless of the bypass state of any blocks in it

Some blocks like the drive can be a bit variable in cpu as well, not a huge difference but I’ve found you can have an acceptable cpu level at idle then when playing still get some issues as the signal content makes it spike

Overall though, yes, bypassed blocks still add to the load, so taking stuff out you might not use like rotary etc can help bring cpu down

All blocks in the Preset use CPU relative to the currently selected X or Y state of that block regardless of whether or not the block is bypassed.

As far as heat and power consumption, I don't think it makes all that much difference. The Axe Fx is basically just a specialized computer... But I don't think you'd notice any difference between 60% CPU and 90%.

Back
Top Bottom