About that Blackglass B7K Model

FractalAudio

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
I looked into this again. I have two of those pedals. One new, one used. The new one never worked right so the model is based on the old one.

I got out the new and it just doesn't have any gain. So I got out the old one. Plenty of gain but low volume. Just figured that was as designed. Plugged in the new one again and started twisting the knobs and flipping the switches and all of a sudden it made a loud pop and now it has plenty of gain and volume.

Plugged in the old one and did the same thing but no difference. Wiggled the cable going into the output jack and the volume jumped for a second. Opened it up and touched up the solder joints around the output jack and now it has plenty of volume. It sounds different than the new one, better IMO.

So I've redone the model now based on the (fixed) old one.

Does this fix come in the next firmware update? I have 2 bass players I play with that love their pedal and I'm trying to convince them to convert to my Axe units. Hopefully this will push them over the edge and get them excited to use it.

I looked into this again. I have two of those pedals. One new, one used. The new one never worked right so the model is based on the old one.

I got out the new and it just doesn't have any gain. So I got out the old one. Plenty of gain but low volume. Just figured that was as designed. Plugged in the new one again and started twisting the knobs and flipping the switches and all of a sudden it made a loud pop and now it has plenty of gain and volume.

Plugged in the old one and did the same thing but no difference. Wiggled the cable going into the output jack and the volume jumped for a second. Opened it up and touched up the solder joints around the output jack and now it has plenty of volume. It sounds different than the new one, better IMO.

So I've redone the model now based on the (fixed) old one.
Does the updated model include a "wiggle" knob now?

That's really strange stuff. Any idea what was wrong with your pedal? Just a bad solder joint?

Maybe put both versions in the Axe or get a different one that doesn't have issues?

Back
Top Bottom