About drive block EQ

bluesk165

Inspired
I know this is stupid question but I hope to know it.

Drive block has many virtual knob but I use them
even don't know detail what is what.

Tone : ? Hz control

Bass : ? Hz control

Treble : ? Hz control

Low Cut : Cut below setting Hz?

High Cut : Cut over setting Hz?

Thanks

Not a stupid question.
Hz is short for Hertz which is the range of frequencies in the audio spectrum. There is no Hz selection available on the Tone, Bass and Treble virtual knobs.
The Tone should react the same way the tone control would on a given pedal. It has a set upper and lower frequency and the knob allows you to sweep that range of frequencies.
The Bass and Treble virtual knobs allow you to adjust the level (decibels - dB) of a fixed lower and upper frequency.
One that you didn't mention is the Mid Freq and Mid (dB) controls. These work together, you select the frequency with the Mid Freq knob and boost or cut the level (dB) of that frequency with the Mid knob. This is one of the most effective drive block shaping parameters.

The Low Cut and High Cut give you the option of selecting which frequencies you don't want to hear in the drive. If you want it boomy, keep the Low Cut in the 100Hz range. If you want a thinner, focused sound, set the Low Cut to around 500Hz. This means no frequency lower than 100Hz or 500Hz will be heard. Same applies to the High Cut, the higher the frequency, the more fizzy or harsher the drive can sound. Set it below 2000Hz and it will typically mellow out the drive. Set it above 8000Hz and get a fizzy, cutting drive. The High Cut does not allow any frequency higher than the set frequency to be heard. These controls are crucial in determining the core tone and feel of the drive.

Each drive block will react differently to the same settings.
Hope this helps.

Thanks for your detail answer it must be helpful not only to me also everybody.

I have some more questions as following,

You said
"The Tone should react the same way the tone control would on a given pedal.
It has a set "upper and lower frequency" and the knob allows you to sweep that range of frequencies.
The Bass and Treble virtual knobs allow you to adjust the level (decibels - dB) of a "fixed lower and upper frequency.""​

I hope to know the Hz of each Tone/ Bass/ Treble of "(fixed)lower and upper frequency"
(in case of Mid, it has Freq knob and Mid (dB) control knob. So I can fixed lower and upper frequency what I want. but.........)

Hope, above is clear.

Thanks again.

As far as the actual frequencies of those specific controls, that would be a question for Fractal. Not sure what would be gained by the knowledge but it sounds like you need to know which frequencies you are adjusting. I'd suggest using a GEQ block to give you the ability to see what you're adjusting. In the Drive block, set the Bass, Mid and Treble knobs to zero and the Tone control to 5.0. Shape the overall feel with the Low and High Cut knobs and use the GEQ to shape your drive's tone.

Back
Top Bottom