About Amp Compression in FW11

Fenris

Inspired
I saw that the default Amp compression it's very high comparing with other firmwares. If I don't remember bad, FAS MODERN II comes with 36% of compression. I usually saw values like 10%, 15%, but now are very high by default.

There is any change in this property of the amp? It's less sensible? more real? I don't listen so much difference when I turn down the compression, maybe if I record something, I noticed it.

How about this, guys?

The amp compression is totally different now. It used to sound like a compressor, now it sort of changing the way the amp behaves. For some amps, higher values are proper now. Some default to zero.

I can't imagine why anyone would really want to change the compression settings from where they are at in the new FW. I guess if you really want to play with it, futz around a bit. I am of the impression that the amps respond so much nicer that it's kind of crazy to turn it down. Ya' dig?

The compression knob is the threshold and there 's also that compression ratio knob at the advanced page. You need to know both values to say whether it has a strong or a week impact. Fool around with both to find out how you like it.

it's different now with the new fw...just roll with it. i don't believe it has the same affect as it used to.

I've noticed that with some of my old presets if I keep the comp down really low (0-10%) they sound very similar to what they sounded like in v10 (that coupled with getting my delay blocks set right).

This was good for some of my old presets because I really didn't want a change in tone with them. However, I'm really liking making new presets or modifiying some of my old ones with the new default comp values.

I can't imagine why anyone would really want to change the compression settings from where they are at in the new FW. I guess if you really want to play with it, futz around a bit. I am of the impression that the amps respond so much nicer that it's kind of crazy to turn it down. Ya' dig?

Ey I only wanted to know what happened haha.

As yek said, Cliff said in another post this:

Old presets get the COMP knob reset due to the new cathode follower algorithm. You can adjust it after.

:encouragement:

Back
Top Bottom