Ableton Live plugin as decent alternative to Axe FX II

cheopsnet

Inspired
Hi guys,

I have been using my beloved Axe FX II since it first came out but, for an upcoming project, I need to downsize and my guitar to go straight into Ableton Live (via RME UFX audio interface).

Any recommendation on Ableton plugins which would enable me to have a good guitar tone (nothing crazy, clean/jazzy, Clean/funky, low gain blues tone and, lastly, higher gain). New to using guitars with Ableton, so any feedback would be welcome.

Thanks,
Louis

I got my AF2 on FW 3.04 back then recorded tone wise I could get from Amplitube tones that would rival my AF2 (maybe sometimes better, not more realistic)... I never played with it "live" just used it for reamping so I can't comment on the feel, I'd venture to guess Amplitube is no where near close.

On a side note, Amplitube is why I've been wishing for a plugin version of the AF2, reamping with Amplitube is awesone, the AF2, has yet to work in a reamping situation for me.

IMHO, Amplitube all the way. I am using it with my laptop and Apogee Jam when traveling wihout my Axe Fx. Tried Bias, Jam Up, Guitar Rig, all of them...I think Amplitube is still the best choice.

Bias fx is the only thing I've played that sounds as good as the axe fx and is nearly as flexible.

Thanks guys.

How would you rank Amplitube compared to Guitar Rig 5, which is alright (i.e. does not necessarily sound bad) but feels quite fake to play? The latter is the only product I have checked out so far (having Komplete)..

I have Amplitube and GR5. For live "playing," Amplitube does feel less fake to me, which would make a difference in your situation. However, on recorded playbacks, the sound quality seems about the same to me.

However, neither comes close to my Axe II for real time playing. Amplitube will work better than GR5, but I suggest going into it with lowered expectations.

I use Amplitube 4 (the marshall amps are better now, but only 4 have been improved), and the fractal cab-lab 3 for cab sims using cab pack from FAS :) Sounds pretty good to me :)

Back
Top Bottom