Ableton Live 9!

Rhiza

Inspired
Wow, about freaking time that Ableton pulled the finger out of the arse and updated Live to version 9
This is just leaked information, it's not on the website, yet!
Some of the features are a Master bus compressor/limiter (Probably modeled after the SSL master bus compressor) but it's credited to Cytomic "the glue"
EQ, compressor and gate has been reworked as well.
Was hoping for some more stuff, but oh well :p
What ya think? this makes me stay in ableton instead of going to bitwig.

It's all official now including the bizarre pricing that would have me paying more for the upgrade than if I bought an upgrade of a previous version to V8 with V9 upgrade rights. That's not good, particularly given that I paid for M4L as well and get no benefit for that in the upgrade. I'll likely do it anyway as I've used Live for a long time, but Bitwig, a new DAW by former Live developers looks to have many of the things that are great about Live and some better features (multiple monitors/Arrange-clip view at same time, note by note controller data, audio/midi on same track). It'll be interesting to see them both when released.

Ableton put out a clarification on the pricing confusion on their forum:

"Existing Suite 8 owners will be offered an exclusive introductory discount on upgrades to Live 9 Suite, to be made available upon release. This introductory discount is not yet shown on the website, as Live 9 Suite is not yet available."

Back
Top Bottom