Ableton Live 10 (lite) as a DAW

It’s rated very highly, but I’m having some trouble getting used to the interface
It’s setup more like a DJ producer machine like fruity loops, but apparartely I’ve seen some YouTube vidoes done with rock

anyone else use ableton 10 for rock or metal? What videos have you used as tutorials for live instruments?
im trying a new daw as i own it, and its pretty new, so if anyone has tried it Or has tips, that would help
thanks

I use it regularly for rock / pop / funk etc. What do you want to use it for ? Ableton can be many things, from a compositional tool, to an arrangement tool, to running a live click/ backing tracks to a DAW where you mix and master.
TBH, the Ableton workflow is not the best at the last one.
If you must mix, then switch to the arrangement view by pressing tab.

How does Ableton Lite compare to MOTU Performer lite? I'm having to buy an interface to bridge the FM3 wait gap and im looking at the MOTU M4 which comes with Ableton and Performer. Both seem to get good feedback but its nice to have realworld user advice.

Going to be primarily drum sequencing and recording guitar, via the FM3 of course, and mixdown.

I use it regularly for rock / pop / funk etc. What do you want to use it for ? Ableton can be many things, from a compositional tool, to an arrangement tool, to running a live click/ backing tracks to a DAW where you mix and master.
TBH, the Ableton workflow is not the best at the last one.
If you must mix, then switch to the arrangement view by pressing tab.
I’m using it for recording , I have Superior drummer and Steven slate and I’ve got everything running, but as you said the workflow is not as smooth as Pro tools or Studio 1 v4

I usually record stuff into Ableton live, using addictive drums , synths etc. Also very easy to loop around and generate ideas. Then record scratch guitar parts and once I’m sort of ok with the composition, I just drag all the tracks into studio one and record final guitar tracks / do editing / mixing there.

Arrangement View is more like a traditional DAW. We use Ableton for click, guide and backing tracks as well as some occasional recording. Session view doesn't feel very intuitive, everything has been easier for me in Arrangement view.

G
I usually record stuff into Ableton live, using addictive drums , synths etc. Also very easy to loop around and generate ideas. Then record scratch guitar parts and once I’m sort of ok with the composition, I just drag all the tracks into studio one and record final guitar tracks / do editing / mixing there.
great idea, thats what it sounds like I’ve been trying..connected my midi key to interface and keyboard drumming and copying grooves....and if i need more refined editing studio 1...great tip

Arrangement view is what I’m jusing, i think session view has advantages for loops/parts, there was a video showoign a rock track in ableton, ill try to find it

Back
Top Bottom