Able To Update to FW 3.06, Cannot Get a Sysex Dump

USMC_Trev

Axe-Master
  1. This is with a MkII MFC-101.
  2. I did just manage to get the MFC to take a FW update today to 3.06 from 2.16.
  3. Axe-FX II Mk.II FW 10.00b
  4. I can't get a sysex dump from MFC-Edit (downloaded yesterday) or Fractal-Bot.
  5. I have the Axe-FX Mode set to II, the Use Port set to MIDI.
  6. I get X040 (for example on the MFC-101 display then AXE-FX NAME TIMEOUT!
  7. AXE-FX NAME TIMEOUT! persists after preset change on the Axe-FX II
  8. I have 5-pin MIDI Out from Axe-FX to MIDI In on the MFC-101.
  9. I have 5-pin MIDI Out from MFC-101 to MIDI In on the Axe-FX.
  10. The MFC-101 is powered by the AC adapter.
  11. Axe-FX I/O MIDI Send Realtime Sysex is set to NONE
  12. Axe-FX I/O MIDI USB Adapter Mode is set to ON
  13. Normal operation with ethernet cable, MIDI to Expansion, Send Realtime Sysex set to ALL and USB Adapter Mode set to OFF

What am I doing wrong?

i am working on the same issue with the new editor.
i don't believe you should have in/out connected both ways at the same time. that will cause a loop.

I get the same result with the opposite side connected or not. I cannot get the MFC to function in a MIDI cable configuration, that is, non-ethernet cable.

My bad, Edit> midi correct

I've got connection. Everytime I send or receive the midi dump I get an error message. I cannot get a clean file.
I tried creating a new file from the ones ion the mfc edit dump folder. created i, sent it, it updated but everything went haywire.
I need to walk away before i lose it.

Trev hopped into my chat and we went through and verified a bunch of things. It seems that everything is connected correctly and set correctly. But even just MIDI cables to control the axe like normal, there is the Timeout message.

I suggested trying different/new midi cables or a USB interface like the UNO. Hopefully that's it!

Yeah Chris thanks again! I ordered up a 5 foot 5-pin MIDI connector from BTPA (and got a 2ft TRS for the step switch port on the red mission pedal as well). Once those come in we'll give it another go.

Thanks for opening the support tickets and all the debug you guys provided. As demonstrated, the problem is in the transmission of the dump to the computer, not in MFC-Edit. Thanks to Chris for pitching in to help out. FWIW, I have four USB/MIDI interfaces and my USB/MIDI interface of choice is the Roland UM-ONE. It seems to be the most consistently reliable and performs the best.
-G

I went out and purchased a new cable earlier today hoping that was the problem- no luck.
At this point all i can point to is the axefx as the interface. I guess ill have to try something else.
I remember now why i haven't updated the mfc in years.

Back
Top Bottom