Closed Ability to turn off the flashing tempo light

Actually, the more I think about this I don’t think it really matters. The reason stated in the other thread was that flashing lights can be a health issue for some people. The flashing light for the input level are just as annoying too. Maybe electrical tape for those concerned about it is the best option. Or an option to turn down the brightness of all those little LEDs.

Actually, the more I think about this I don’t think it really matters. The reason stated in the other thread was that flashing lights can be a health issue for some people. The flashing light for the input level are just as annoying too. Maybe electrical tape for those concerned about it is the best option. Or an option to turn down the brightness of all those little LEDs.
The other LEDs blinking may be irritating but that is not the problem. The issue is the frequency of the blinking. Seizures can be triggered by lights that flash between 5 and 30 times a second. Tape works.

The flashing of the ring is very uncomfortable for me. It disturbs me a lot. I have the color set to none, and then the footswitch of the tap tempo have no flash, and of course no color. That's the best option I have now. It doesn't disturb!!

I would prefer to have the ring color without flashing, as all the other rings. Just the color without flashing.

I think that a good improvement is to add an option for the Utility/tap tempo configuration. In this option you could choose the following options:
  • flash following tempo with the intensity of the color ring at 100% (100% regarding the global configuration)
  • flash following tempo with the intensity of the color ring at 50%
  • flash following tempo with the intensity of the color ring at 25%
  • no tempo following, the color is permanent

I'd love to be able to turn off the tap tempo light, too.

This was very easy to do on my HXFX and Helix floor.

Please reinstate this wish. I can't stand the tempo light always blinking, and putting tape over it looks ridiculous and doesn't really work because the light is so bright it bleeds through. Maybe I took too much acid when I was young (or not enough) but my brain has trouble filtering out flashing lights. I can't stop seeing the flashing light in my peripheral vision and it's really distracting, especially on the FM3 because the screen is always in front of me.

The input lights don't bother me because they aren't on a pattern and it mostly stays in the orange anyway and doesn't flash that much. The flashing green arrows for the tuner are also distracting but the tempo light is the worst, especially since I've never once needed to use it, so why does it have to be on all the time?

No need for a hardware change, just give users the option to set the tempo to 0 for presets that don't need a flashing tempo light.

That would break much more than just the tempo LED.

But I'd say this would be the same case as the "Edit LED on scene change" thing. For a long time it was said it was a fixed feature because that's how it works and then you have FW 16.04 where you now can disable it globally.

Personally, I'm not bothered at all by the Tempo LED but as having all my tempos embedded into my presets I can see how it could be irrelevant to some people to have it blinking non stop.

Please reinstate this wish. I can't stand the tempo light always blinking, and putting tape over it looks ridiculous and doesn't really work because the light is so bright it bleeds through. Maybe I took too much acid when I was young (or not enough) but my brain has trouble filtering out flashing lights. I can't stop seeing the flashing light in my peripheral vision and it's really distracting, especially on the FM3 because the screen is always in front of me.

The input lights don't bother me because they aren't on a pattern and it mostly stays in the orange anyway and doesn't flash that much. The flashing green arrows for the tuner are also distracting but the tempo light is the worst, especially since I've never once needed to use it, so why does it have to be on all the time?
If you select "no colour" in the footswitch of the tap tempo, this flashing light will not disturb you anymore.

Is the best solution I have found, because all flashing lights bother me a lot.

If you select "no colour" in the footswitch of the tap tempo, this flashing light will not disturb you anymore.

Is the best solution I have found, because all flashing lights bother me a lot.
I think he's referring to the LED on the front panel...

Back
Top Bottom