Wish Ability to set Mixer Block to Bypass

ZenRigs Man

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
No more to explain really! Would be handy, in situations where you need multiple mixers, set up with totally different modifiers for control, and be able to bypass or enable blocks with scenes. Can currently achieve this using a multiplexer block to switch between mixers, but would make it simpler and save a block on the grid if this were possible.

Thanks!

If you are only using one channel of each mixer block, you could...

Set both mixers to only use the controller on channel A (not All). Then setup channel B on both mixers with all four faders all of the way down, essentially muting them.

If you are only using one channel of each mixer block, you could...

Set both mixers to only use the controller on channel A (not All). Then setup channel B on both mixers with all four faders all of the way down, essentially muting them.

Hello! That'd work for sure, but I'm trying to make this as easy / fiddle free as possible for an end user (for some presets I'm working on) so, in this case, will probably be easier to use the multiplexer and just change channels on the one block rather than two. It'll be something folks may want to have set differently per scene so simplicity wins over elegance for this purpose.

Thanks for the suggestion though - creative thinking and I appreciate the tip!

Sukh

How many modifiers are assigned to mixer levels?

If it's 6 or fewer you can probably skip the multiplexer and use one mixer block. Like 3 row modifiers active on channel A with the other 3 at 0, then the opposite for channel B, or whatever you need.

How many modifiers are assigned to mixer levels?

If it's 6 or fewer you can probably skip the multiplexer and use one mixer block. Like 3 row modifiers active on channel A with the other 3 at 0, then the opposite for channel B, or whatever you need.
Hi, and thanks!

I’m controlling gain on all rows with an expression pedal, so dont think that wouldn’t work in this case?

Cheers! Sukh

Two mixers might be required then. Depending on the exact modifier setup (are some rows being adjusted in identical ways?) it might still be possible to sum rows at the previous column and get the same result with 6 or fewer modifiers in one mixer.

Two mixers might be required then. Depending on the exact modifier setup (are some rows being adjusted in identical ways?) it might still be possible to sum rows at the previous column and get the same result with 6 or fewer modifiers in one mixer.

Yep, that's what I'm doing, and switching between them with a multiplexer. If the mixer block could be bypassed, it'd just make it a little cleaner. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom