Wish Ability to route MIDI to/from USB

Because you can't route midi thru USB? Have you tried a M-Audio Uno 1x1 USB MIDI Interface?

I tried a few dongles previously, including the M-Audio one, with mixed results at best, I’ve had some reliability and delay issues. The way I use MIDI with Axe-FX, I need precise timing and reliability.

I actually have MIDI ports in my rack, but I need them for something else. Adding a dongle, even if there was one that worked perfectly, requires another powered USB port, those are in short supply, or require connection via a hub, which adds problems.

And then no, this isn’t the only problem I have. A much worse one is that Axe-FX III changed the way looper is controlled via MIDI (playback command is now a toggle, and that makes it completely unusable for my purposes). I could probably figure something out with just one of these issues, but two make it too much of a hassle.

Just wondered if there was any chance of this wish getting higher in the priority list with FAS? I’m not one of the people wanting “midi thru” capabilities, but I would like just to be able to send MIDI from the AxeFX3 via the USB output. I use CS switches to generate MIDI and just want to be able to send that out to a USB connected application (BandHelper).

Just wondered if there was any chance of this wish getting higher in the priority list with FAS? I’m not one of the people wanting “midi thru” capabilities, but I would like just to be able to send MIDI from the AxeFX3 via the USB output. I use CS switches to generate MIDI and just want to be able to send that out to a USB connected application (BandHelper).
I use BandHelper to play samples from an Android tablet on demand from the AxeFX3. Because the FX3 doesn't send Midi over USB, I use the M-Audio adapter with an OTG cable. It works, but it is clunky and is another drain on the tablet's battery.

+100,000,000

Dear god I hope someone from Fractal is reading this. I'm in the process of setting up my Axe-FX III to process 2 guitars, bass and also Superior Drummer all at the same time (for getting the whole band on headphones) but I REAAALLLY miss the ability to use the Axe-FX as a USB MIDI adapter. I hate having to plug in an extra USB device just to mimic a feature that an earlier model had. But I'm also slightly obsessed with trying to see how many things I can get my Axe-FX III to do at the same time without compromise.

Please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please.

what does this mean?
We have two AXE-FX 3’s connected via MIDI.

The computer can send messages to one AXE in sync with the backing tracks and control it, but the messages don’t “passthrough” to the MIDI OUT port to the other AXE-FX.

It works when we use a footpedal and the THRU port - but we want to be able to do it over USB instead of relying on a separate MIDI device.

I hope so much for this too!!! it would be possible to use my Morningstar to controll the AXE III through the Midi port and have my Ipad with (for example) loopy pro (and use the Axe as interface) AND at the same time controll the Loopy Pro with the Morningstar.
Please implement this feature :)

Back
Top Bottom